What's new

GOTD- Green of the Day

3rd cup of matcha in 20 minutes

stoopid strong matcha (one of those scoops to half the water)
proxy.php

2010 Huang Shan Mao Feng A from Jing -

This tea is quite subtle and somewhat difficult to brew. I recall the last time I had HSMF it was a challenge to dial it in. This has some florals with grass and pine which is not working for me. This is my fourth session with this tea and so far I am not excited. The one I had from Yum teas was much better.

2010 Shi Feng Long Jing (everyday) from Jing -

Can't beat it for the price...but don't expect too much either.

2010 Yuuki Cha Shizuoka Shincha Sayamakaori -

I haven't had a asamushi in a long time. Grass and asparagus with some sweetness. Wow this has quite a kick to it. Good and enjoyable but not great. I'm glad I split it with a friend. Fukamushi is just yummier to me.

proxy.php

Organic Gyokoro Superior from Uji, brewed in my new kyusu/tokoname

My sunday morning tea

Rergards.

Jakob

Last edited:
very nice Jakob, looks delicious and nice kyusu :thumbup1:

Im drinking some aracha, farmers shinhca this morning. Oh boy its so good!

proxy.php

Thanks Ambrose. I made the mistake of brewing the first stepping too warm, I always do this with this tea somehow, I think I'll have to put a big red sticker on the tin :blushing: The following steppings however were delicious :w00t:

The kyusu is very nice indeed. Luckily kyusu/tokoname are quite in fashion at the moment here in Denmark, making them fairly easy to find at quality tea stores. I wish I could say the same thing about gaiwans and Yi Xing pots though.

Your shiboridashi is really nice aswell. I have a couple of pals going to Japan today. I have asked them to find either a shiboridashi or a hohin for me.

Regards.

Jakob

Couldn't find a "Yellow of the Day" thread.

Taking pictures for Simply Tea in Aarhus today:

proxy.php

2010 Yue Yang Organic Jun Shan Yin Zhen, teamaster; Gao Xiao Zu

proxy.php

2010 Sichuan Organic Meng Ding Huang Ya, teamaster; Li Hui

proxy.php

2010 Huzhou Organic Mo Gan Huang Ya, teamaster; Wang Qiang Zhen

I think it goes without saying that I am pretty teadrunk right now :yinyang:

Regards.

Jakob

wow i'v been away from tea for a while...
well green of the night today some sencha actualy brewed with proper amont of tea.

3g of sencha 4 infusions 60c 90s 65c 20s 70c 30s 75s 1m

first infusion no astringancy.. nutty.
proxy.php

second infusion little astringancy kinda grassy with nutty undertones.

third infusion
proxy.php

leaves
proxy.php

yummy what i did notice compared to how i used to brew it is thers less grass and less astringancy.

Right now I'm drinking... I'm not sure. I picked it up at a store called Ten Fu's in Beijing. I guess I could try to describe the characters that I think make up its name, but that might be futile. Does anybody here have a good grasp of mandarin?

Jasmine Pearls from Ten Fu's in Beijing
proxy.php

First infusion: 75c for 90 seconds
proxy.php

Second infusion: 65c for 70 seconds
proxy.php

Third infusion: 70c for 35 seconds
proxy.php

Quenched to 30c, Reheated to 65c
proxy.php

Very floral, grassy, with a slightly woodsy bite. Very refreshing

proxy.php

2010 Huzhou Organic Mo Gan Huang Ya, teamaster; Wang Qiang Zhen

Brewed in my blue "emperor" gaiwan

I feel quite decadent drinking such a fine tea for my breakfast :blush:

Regards.

Jakob

Right now I'm drinking... I'm not sure. I picked it up at a store called Ten Fu's in Beijing. I guess I could try to describe the characters that I think make up its name, but that might be futile. Does anybody here have a good grasp of mandarin?

No ability in the Mandarin language but just wanted to welcome you to B&B. Enjoy!

Tried matcha for the first time today. Uji Matcha Chiyo Mukashi from o-cha.com. The scent reminded me of a lake in the forest that had the same bubbly green look to it. The taste was dry, and, I don't know... a bit reminiscent of green tea. Not sure what to make of it.

Top Bottom