What's new

GOTD- Green of the Day

premium fukamushi , deep bold sweet greens flavor, mild astringency

proxy.php

House Sencha

very nice daily sencha, fresh with a nice astringency not too thick of a brew, the aroma is quite decent. Not the best but man a really excellent daily sencha for the $$$ 200 grams for $25 :thumbup1:

pic is of 2nd infusion, goes in to a solid enjoyable three infusions

proxy.php

Last edited:
2010 O-Cha SAE Midori shincha -

Good stuff. It doesn't have quite the breadth of flavor of the Yutaka Midori, but it has a mellow-liciousness that it distinguishes it. They are both fantastic teas.

kukicha. from adagio

First time trying kukicha. It came out thick, bitter, with plenty of powder. The strainer cleared it right up. Mild vegetable taste against a dark, mellow astringent background.

Last edited:
GotD: lots of lovely Xinyang Maojian. Tons of leaves, brewed hard (tiger style :ninja:), it tastes potent and alive, but extremely refreshing. Perfect for a hot summer.

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

Taking more pictures for Simply Tea:

proxy.php

2010 Zhejiang organic YuQian An Ji Bai Cha
Teamaster: Chang Mei
Harvested april 20. 2010

proxy.php

2010 Zhejiang organic mingQian An JiBai Cha
Teamaster: Chang Mei
Harvested april 3. 2010

proxy.php

2010 Yellow Mountain, Anhui organic Imperial Huangshan Mao Feng
Teamaster: Wang Fang Sheng
Harvested end of march 2010

proxy.php

Regards.

Jakob

House Sencha - hibiki-an

I love this sencha especially the price, cant beat this quality for the price. Much better than most of Dens offerings.

proxy.php

sencha 3 infusions 3 g 65 70 75 c water no real attention paid to infusion times. first 2 were good i think i beat a dead horse with that 3rd infusion.

proxy.php

Brewed in a Yi Xing japani

Regards.

Jakob

2010 O-Cha Kagoshima Sencha Yutaka Midori "Kaoru Supreme LE"

This fills in the few holes that were in the regualr Yutaka Midori. Kind of like a hybrid of the SAE Midori and the YM. Great stuff. It's just too hot to drink pu right now.

Premium Shi Feng Long Jing. Drank this during the morning before switching over to Sheng. Very nice balanced taste, beautiful liquor. Provided a nice balance of relaxation to a morning that somewhere between hectic and frantic.

2010 Spring Tai-Tung Premium "Hao Xian Bi Lu" Green Tea
from Hou De
I've been buying Taiwanese green from Guang for several years--never been disappointed. But this new batch is particularly delicious: round, fruity, honey, soft, herbal, complex. Fascinating, wonderful. :)

Today was a rather cool day compared to most at only 97 degrees. Oh yea its usually much hotter down here in south tx. So today some iced sencha, really hit the spot.

proxy.php

enjoying house sencha recently in my new kyusu aka da sencha assassin :thumbup1: My girlfriend and I noticed an improvement in the flavor of the tea in this pot. A more delicious and smoother brew, like a mini filtering of impurities and a ever so slight rounding of the astringency. Its just no good for fukamushi types, that tea is far to mild and mushy in flavor. Im not even attracted to fukamushi types any longer, maybe this pot was trying to tell me fukamushi sucks :blink:

proxy.php

Top Bottom