What's new

GOTD- Green of the Day

Genmaicha Extra Green with Matcha from Den's.
Sencha Fuka-Midori from Den's. Moderate lawn with some sweetness.

Finishing these two off today so I don't have to look at them anymore.

I have been going crazy with my sampler from Jas-e tea, I added a few greens and whites to try as well. Yesterday I had "Snow Dragon" Supreme Yunnan Pure Bud Green Tea. 1st infusion was heavenly, but the second was too bitter. I think I had the water too hot or went too long on the infusion time. Gonna try again today with some adjustments.

Aracha third infusion pictured, I love the raw astringent complexities and subtle "imperfections" that blend in a harmony to produce such a nice balanced rustic brew.

proxy.php

proxy.php

sencha and new photo setup.

yummy grassy astringant and lightly nutty.

5g sencha
proxy.php

first infusion 90s 70c
proxy.php

3rd infusion 30s 75 c awkward left handed picture taking!
proxy.php

3rd infusion leves.
proxy.php

super premium matcha ahh yes super yumm I needed that :biggrin1:

proxy.php

This matcha is so fresh and subtly tasty, super creamy and frothy, sweet with a nice fresh tangy tart like the kind you get from a fresh strawberry :thumbup:

09 Tai Ping Hou Kui from Red Lantern

Flavors are a bit on the subtle side. Not wowing me, but this is not a premium version. Glad I tried it but won't be getting more.

Still searching for some decent Long Jing. This one is good but lacking just a little, not as rich as it should be. Ive become convinced that green teas are the most difficult of all to brew well. Some times you hit it just right and get a sublime cup and sometimes it just doesn't brew up as nice. Damned persnickety tea's! I,m gonna try some of Steves new greens and see if I can't improve the "situation"

View attachment 107913
O.K. So, 2&1/2 gms of the Dafo, this is obviously a cup full of the stuff, but you get the picture.

View attachment 107914
Weapon of choice, Porcelain Shiboridashi, Petr's!

View attachment 107917
2&1/2 min. infusion time.

View attachment 107918
:thumbup: It's good, but not good enough for the price. $140.00 a lb.

Last edited:
2010 Xiu Ning Song Luo from Jing -

Nice aromatics with this tea. Dry leaves smell of flowers and pine. Sightly tastes like Mao Jian without the sweetness. This has a broth like profile with just a hint of pine in the background. Sounds strange but I'm liking it.

I am enjoying a shincha fukamushi sample given to me by Ambrose, I REALLY enjoyed this tea. I am going to have to pick some of this up when I return from overseas.

Top Bottom