What's new

GOTD- Green of the Day

matcha! i made an old rice bowl into a chawan (i think thats the matcha bowl?)

soak brush
proxy.php

level teaspoon ish
proxy.php

matcha paste.. i get the best results like this.
proxy.php

frotthy goodness! i so forgot how good matcha is. made that shu i was working on taste like watter.
proxy.php

amazingly that cup tasted sweet and smooth i guess i hit the sweet spot for that cup because all my previous matcha sessions have been slightyl bitter and kinda gritty. i forgot how strong matcha is though after drinking the pu-erh's and oolongs this matcha hit me like a freight train. wow flavor!

Drinking some Guricha from Den's. This is a strange tea. Taste of lawn clippings like all greens seem to. It also has an almost oolong note to it. Sweet fruit. Maybe I won't hate this one.

Drinking some Guricha from Den's. This is a strange tea. Taste of lawn clippings like all greens seem to. It also has an almost oolong note to it. Sweet fruit. Maybe I won't hate this one.

I had this tea as well reminds me of a Fukamushi shencha but with a Gyokuro after taste. I love fukamushi :001_wub:

proxy.php

Just a plain ol' organic gunpowder, brewed in a tall Chinese Yi Xing (which has been in my GF's family for quite many years), comsumed from a Japanese matcha bowl.

Regards.

Jakob

more matcha!
(yes i did soak the brush)
proxy.php

nice and smoth this one. kinda feeling loopy after 6 cups of oolong and a bowl of matcha.
proxy.php

Beautiful pic of the matcha, nff. I am somewhat embarassed to say that I have not tried matcha. So much tea, so little time...

Just had yamamotoyama fukamushi that I bought for 4.99 for 150g at a market in Little Tokyo in LA after eating at Ociwan Ramen yesterday (my stomach is still on fire :w00t:).

The fukamushi isn't that bad and I'm not going to mind finishing it off. However, it is fairly bland and there definitely isn't that delicious sweetness that I tasted in some of the samples from Den's Tea. The second steeping is even less flavorful. It does make me want to try a better deep-steamed sencha though. I find myself liking the greens more and more in the morning :thumbup:.

no job atm ftw!

also woot for stupid amount of pics.

anyways did a expiriment today. i'v been seeing these "extra green" teas around and instead of spending money on them and then waiting for it to arive i just made some myself! so i present to you:

EXTRA GREEN BANCHA!
cheap bancha.
proxy.php

cheap bancha coated in matcha.
proxy.php

brewing matcha covered bancha
proxy.php

extra green!!!!
proxy.php

second infusion
proxy.php

gravure shot! (3rd infusion)
proxy.php

first infusion was matcha matcha matcha, second was more bancha than matcha. lightly astringant. and last infusion was like a 3rd infusion of bancha. so i'd say a sucsess... next extra green genmaicha and sencha.

Last edited:
That's a great looking Shiboradashi you got there Ambrose. Lets see more of it.

Thank you, I fell in love with this piece so I had to have it. Im waiting on the matching cup and another cup set.

Here she is and my handmade porcelain sets too. :blushing:

The Shiboridashi has an iridescence in the glaze in some parts. I love everything about it. :001_wub: The glaze is black with a redish hue on the out side, the inside is a red orange with the wood ash. Dreamy isnt she ?

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you guys

Petr Novák is the maker from Chezh Republic, shipping will run you about as much or more than what the piece costs. From my understanding Petr is in Korea and wont be around till October. Our own teagoober should be carrying some of his pieces for sale soon. Im sure he will be more than happy to keep us posted on them and give more detail and insight. What I can say is they are more than worth the money spent.

Why yes indeed I (Tea Goober) will be selling Petr's wares here in the states. I,m awaiting some more parcels from Petr before launching his wares for sale. All of his wares are made from traditional clays and glazes with no synthetic materials added. Fired in a wood burning kiln (this makes a big difference in the final product) which almost nobody uses anymore because of the expense and hassle.

Though I do have some of his tea wares in stock now, this is a teaser for what's to come. I will be selling Petr's wares at "Tea Goober" (my blog) I expect to get his wares posted for sale within the next few weeks.
View attachment 101895
View attachment 101896
View attachment 101897

Last edited:
Top Bottom