What's new

good quality no-logo 100% cotton polo?

Sir, I have been wearing Ralph Lauren polos for over 30 years with a lot of satisfaction. Fit for me is perfect, almost as close as my tailored shirts. Quality is like nothing else I've ever encountered. I have some RL polos that are over 10 years old, heavily used and still looking like new.

Anyway, good luck in your journey. :001_smile
It’s looks like you’re in Europe. Keep in mind many of the brands sell different quality in different places. There are articles that show that the quality of Ralph Lauren bought from factory outlet store vs Costco vs Macy’s are all different. Years ago I was in Singapore and bought a nice organic cotton polo by Timberland. When I got back home, I decided I wanted a bigger size and Timberland told me they don’t offer that style in the US. Often times the quality is better and the price is higher for similar items in Europe vs US.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
It’s looks like you’re in Europe. Keep in mind many of the brands sell different quality in different places. There are articles that show that the quality of Ralph Lauren bought from factory outlet store vs Costco vs Macy’s are all different. Years ago I was in Singapore and bought a nice organic cotton polo by Timberland. When I got back home, I decided I wanted a bigger size and Timberland told me they don’t offer that style in the US. Often times the quality is better and the price is higher for similar items in Europe vs US.
Sir, I live in Italy and of course I only buy here and only in Ralph Lauren boutiques. Is price high? Yes, it is. Is it worth that premium price? For me unquestionably yes (but as always this is a subjective topic). I also must add that I mainly buy custom-made shirts of sartorial quality and they are not cheap either.

Only problem that I’m finding is many of the brands logo or not don’t recommend drying in a dryer.
I wonder how much of that is due to the nature of cotton. Where the manufacturer doesn't want their customer to dry on high heat or whatever heat level that may start to damage the shirt. Which would lead to low satisfaction, poor reviews, etc. Since the garment manufacturer does not know what dryer temperature or care would be followed.

Regrettably not 100% cotton (98/2 spandex), but I continue to be impressed by the Bonobos Pima Performance polo.

XS - XXL in slim and standard fit, unbranded.

Do you have a favorite brand for a 100% cotton polo with no logo. I’m trying to find something with quality similar to Ralph Lauren/Lacoste/Boss but without a logo. I found Scott Barber but their selection is very limited.
Here you go:
Charles Tyrwhitt
These are 100% cotton, no logo, $40 each or 3 for $99:

This the full selection of models. Go through all of them!
Some are 100% cotton and some are not:

Another option is All American Clothing. Made in the USA and no logo!
Again you gotta go through all of them. Some are all cotton and some are not:

Good luck!

I have eczema, and blends, particularly polyester products, are hard on my skin. I try to get 100% in shirts.

Sir, I have been wearing Ralph Lauren polos for over 30 years with a lot of satisfaction. Fit for me is perfect, almost as close as my tailored shirts. Quality is like nothing else I've ever encountered. I have some RL polos that are over 10 years old, heavily used and still looking like new.

Anyway, good luck in your journey. :001_smile
Marco--What is your secret to keeping polos in good condition for a decade? Hand washing? Hang to dry rather than using a dryer. Cold water wash? I do all these things and still have trouble keeping a polo shirt wearable for 10 years. I haven't tried RL Polos, however, so they may be better than, say, Lands End or Kirkland (Costco) or LL Bean.

I have eczema, and blends, particularly polyester products, are hard on my skin. I try to get 100% in shirts.
That’s tough. Even cotton can be a problem, especially the wrinkle free ones, because of the way it’s treated. Bad quality cotton often needs weird chemicals to keep it from pilling, losing color, etc.

Marco--What is your secret to keeping polos in good condition for a decade? Hand washing? Hang to dry rather than using a dryer. Cold water wash? I do all these things and still have trouble keeping a polo shirt wearable for 10 years. I haven't tried RL Polos, however, so they may be better than, say, Lands End or Kirkland (Costco) or LL Bean.
I have a few Lacoste polos that are at least 10 years old. For me, it's machine wash delicate with cold water and hang dry on plastic hangers.

I have a few Lacoste polos that are at least 10 years old. For me, it's machine wash delicate with cold water and hang dry on plastic hangers.
Same here. Hot water washing and putting clothes in the dryer reduces the life of clothing by half or more. I should probably switch to delicate wash cycle as well.

That’s tough. Even cotton can be a problem, especially the wrinkle free ones, because of the way it’s treated. Bad quality cotton often needs weird chemicals to keep it from pilling, losing color, etc.
Exactly. I've had good luck with 100% pima/supima cotton shirts. And of course, I never use fabric softener, which can really irritate sensitive skin. When I was in the U.S. Navy, the wool used to drive me up the wall.

Exactly. I've had good luck with 100% pima/supima cotton shirts. And of course, I never use fabric softener, which can really irritate sensitive skin. When I was in the U.S. Navy, the wool used to drive me up the wall.
What polos do you wear?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I put them in washing machine with cold water only. Hang to dry only. I must say that RL is in a class by itself for quality of materials and this, I suppose, explains its extra long lifespan.

Last edited:
What polos do you wear?
I've been wearing Land's end Supima cotton polos. Even with careful washing as noted above, they don't last more than 5 years. Also Kirkland Pima cotton polos. Same story, they don't last more than 5 years. And I suspect that different lots and different suppliers for these companies result in better or worse quality.

I second the recommendation for Ralph Lauren. I had one for more than 10 years that was treated like a pair of jeans and it still looked great. Not sure if it was all cotton but felt comfortable enough.

Bad quality cotton is one of the reasons I buy long-staple Pima cotton shirts. Apparently, mercerized cotton, which is pricey, is ok for tnose with sensitive skin

I honestly think that top brands like Ralph Lauren (my favourite) and Lacoste are in a league of their own because they just are of superior quality. It's very unlikely that you can find a no-brand polo costing a fraction of that premium price with equal characteristics.

That said Jack & Jones makes a very decent polo with good materials and a lovely design.
I looked at RL polo shirts at their website. Their top-of-the-line polo shirts are listed at $395. Yikes!

Would rugby shirts (basically long sleeved polo shirts) be to your liking?

Barbarian Sports Wear of Canada makes some 100% cotton ones. They are expensive but remember that it’s in Canadian $, so reduce price by about 30% for US $.

They used to be excellent, but haven’t owned one in over 20 years, hopefully they are still good.

Would rugby shirts (basically long sleeved polo shirts) be to your liking?

Barbarian Sports Wear of Canada makes some 100% cotton ones. They are expensive but remember that it’s in Canadian $, so reduce price by about 30% for US $.

They used to be excellent, but haven’t owned one in over 20 years, hopefully they are still good.
No, don’t like long sleeves. I’ve owned Barbarian rugby polo in the past. The material was kind of thick and stiff. I think Brooks Brothers makes more comfy rugby polos.

I looked at RL polo shirts at their website. Their top-of-the-line polo shirts are listed at $395. Yikes!
I see one for $750, haha.

Attachments

• IMG_1662.png
    IMG_1662.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Top Bottom