What's new

Golfers; where are you all?

I love golfing. I try to get a few rounds a week in on my home course. Ive been playing regularly for about 3 years after i stopped playing hockey in College. I shoot around a 12 Handicap. I havent scored my handicap this year, but i was there lat year and I have shot much better this year.

Driver: Tour Edge Bazooka w/ Grafalloy stiff shaft
Woods: Callaway X Hot
Irons: Callaway X 22
Wedges: Cleveland 58 Deg, 56 Deg
Putter: Wilson Staff 8881 BLK

I have been playing for around 40 years. I have a 12 handicap. Golf for me is so relaxing. I tell my wife that as long I can golf, I will never need therapy. Getting out on the course or hitting a bucket of balls is one of my favorite things to do.

I mainly play at a public course 30 miles from Seattle.

My clubs are over 10 years old. I play Ping G2 irons driver. I have a Ping Craz-e mallet putter. My wedges are Cleveland CG-10s. I have Taylor Made utilities and an Adams hybrid 3 wood.

I've been playing since college. At this point about 20 years. Never took it too seriously just enjoyed going out and getting a round or two in with dad here and there.

My wife decided she wanted to learn so that gave me a lot of reason to go out and play more (woohoo!). Nowadays I'm hooked and I play when I can (although having a nine-month old sort of crimped those plans this summer!).

I'm a Nike clubs guy and a Footjoy shoe guy (I'm a Footjoy ambassador actually). Love the sport - and I can't get mad at the game no matter how badly I'm doing. I just love being out there.

I took up the game about 18 years ago because SWMBO played. I try to play every weekend but have only managed seven or eight rounds this year because of my crazy work schedule. Things are calming down and I should be able to get back to my normal routine soon.

I don't have a handicap index. I normally shoot mid 80's to low 90's and my career low score is 82.

Home course is River Ridge Golf Club in Sealy, TX. It's a 27 hole course (three 9 hole courses) that winds through an old pecan orchard.

All clubs are regular flex.
Driver: Callaway FT-5 10º, neutral, Fujikura E150 Shaft
Woods: Callaway X-Hot Strong 3W Fujikura Banzai shaft & Callaway X-Hot 5W Fujikura E150 Shaft
Irons: TaylorMade R7 CGB Max, graphite, 3-PW
Wedges: Titleist Vokey wedges, 56-10 and 60-8
Putter: Cameron Del Mar

Hello,

This is a nice thread idea. I am a 47 year old basically life-long golfer. My dad took me out when I was six or seven and I have played off and on ever since. Presently this is my stat sheet.

Home course: Waveland Golf Course - Des Moines, IA. (supposedly the oldest muni west of the Mississippi River). I play in the men's league
handicap: my swing - ba dum dum. Actually it is running about 15.8 right now
clubs:
Driver - some sort of Cleveland I bought from a co-worker this spring. best results in years. average about 240 with a basically straight flight
fairway woods - old school Callaway Warbirds in firm flex. 4+, 5 and 7
Irons - 2000 vintage Hogan Apex Plus. I played the 4 (stiff) flex until this year. I found a set with the 3 (regular) shafts on Ebay. They are bent 2 degrees flat. I LOVE these heads. At some point, I will re-shaft the stiffs with a softer flex than 3.
lob wedge - 58 degree Cleveland
Putter - 34" Odyssey Tank #1

I have played men's league for three years now. That gets me out at least once a week. I have been trying to play at least once a weekend this season too. Right now, my biggest challenges have been consistent play around the greens. I simply do not play and practice enough. The Callaway is a new putter for me this season and that has made a huge difference through the year. I started the season in the 23 handicap range. Putting was a complete disaster (I was using a 20+ year old Taylor Made). My third nine out on the year(before the putter change) I shot a 47 with SEVEN three putts in nine holes. The Taylor Made was lucky to survive that day. I have decided that I am going to get myself tuned up for a good year next year. I am going to lose some weight and working on strength and flexibility. I also have plans of adding a putting surface to my office this winter so I can at least work on my putting over the winter. I have about 20' x 12' too work with so I can get a pretty good sized surface in there for putting purposes. A few years back, I was running about an 8 handicap. That is my goal for next year.

Just took up the sport. I'm taking lessons with my daughter. My son is getting interested and usually comes out with my daughter and I.

My set (way overkill for my beginner skill set, but I shouldn't need to upgrade any time soon).

Titleist 915d, 915f and 915h
Ping G25 4-PW
Vokey 50, 54 and 58
Cameron Newport 2.5

Just took up the sport. I'm taking lessons with my daughter. My son is getting interested and usually comes out with my daughter and I.

My set (way overkill for my beginner skill set, but I shouldn't need to upgrade any time soon).

Titleist 915d, 915f and 915h
Ping G25 4-PW
Vokey 50, 54 and 58
Cameron Newport 2.5
That's some nice kit, Phil.

That's some nice kit, Phil.

I know me from past hobbies. I wanted a bag that would be better than me indefinitely. It kills any GAS.

I'm really enjoying this so far. I may only get a few good shots per round, but I'm still spending a lot of time with the kids and we're out and doing something, so mission accomplished. It's a great sport.

I know me from past hobbies. I wanted a bag that would be better than me indefinitely. It kills any GAS.

I'm really enjoying this so far. I may only get a few good shots per round, but I'm still spending a lot of time with the kids and we're out and doing something, so mission accomplished. It's a great sport.
The game is all about those few shots, and playing with family will only make it more fun.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
What's your home course?
Capital Hills (Albany Muni) in Albany, NY

What's your handicap?
In my senior league it stays around a 10

What gear do you use?
Mostly Ping
G30 Driver
G25 4 Wood
G25 Hybrids: 3,5,6 (although the 5 is an older Taylor Made that I keep because it's so easy to hit)
G15 irons PW-6 (I carry 4 Wedges 46, 50, 54, 58)
Scotty Cameron Putter

How long have you been playing?
About 52 years. This past year was tough because I had a tragic disagreement with a ladder last September (2014) and broke my right heel, tip of my right ring finger (under the ladder) and my left wrist in three places. I started the year with a very gentle swing and an incredible fear of hitting the ball fat and screaming like a little girl. But I did spend the better part of last year studying golf videos and watching teachers on the Golf Channel. I only played once outside my league day all summer, but by the end of the year I was back to form.

Ahhh I've found my people! What's up everybody?!

- I've been playing since the age of 7
- Played college golf in Santa Barbara and Idaho
- Competed on the long drive tour for 8 years
- 7x Remax World Long Drive finalist + U.S. Long Drive Tour Champion in '05
- Have been a personal trainer specializing in golf fitness for the past 6 years
- Got my PGA of Canada pro card earlier this summer (yay)
- Live in Toronto and play all over the place

I'd be more than happy to answer any questions, especially ones regarding generating more power/distance.

Tee er high and let er fly!

Cheers :001_smile

Ive been hacking for about a year now. I will be going into this season with a 31 handicap

My home course is Tri Mountain in Ridgefield, WA

Current setup includes:

Tour Edge X rail 12.5* draw driver
Callaway Xn415 5 wood
Wilson Staff D-100 3 Hybrid
Cobra Baffler 4 Hybrid
XPC-300 5-PW
Adams Tom Watson Wedges 52-56-60
Taylormade Ghost Tour Black Maranello Putter

I did think about playing golf but for me it's the trousers, they're far too loud, I'm not wearing green and yellow checked pantaloons for anybody :(

What's your home course?

We do not have a "home" course, but we have played more rounds at Peel Village Golf Course than any other. It's a lovely little parkland 9 holer. Par is 36, and I consider it a good round if I break 50 from the tips.

What's your handicap?

No idea . . . recreational golfers that I have met cannot usually be bothered with one. I would guess around 20, as even now I am regularly threatening 100.
What gear do you use?

Callaway "woods", Cleveland irons and wedges, custom putter.

How long have you been playing?

The wife introduced me to the game, so about 25 years. Play much less now than before . . . just too many other things going on. Plus the cost is getting out of hand.

Home course Links on the Bayou, Alexandria, LA. I am also a property owner at Hot Springs Village, AR

Handicap- 12

Gear- Taylor Made RBZ Driver and 4-GW, Titleist LW, Calloway 3 Wood. Taylormade Spyder putter.

How Long- I started playing when I was in the Army at Ft Rucker, AL. I started playing because the golf course was the only place friends and I could buy beer before noon.

$IMG_2178.jpg

$IMG_2182.jpg

Not playing much golf up here...go figure.

Last edited:
Top Bottom