What's new

Gillette Blades?

Dear Gentlemen,

I was lucky to find some of my late father's Gillette DE blades. I estimate that they are probably about 30 years old.

I tried one out. Beautiful shave!

It made me think that I should try some other Gillette blades. (Currently, my go-to blade is a Feather).

So, I am wondering: which is the best Gillette blade? And, for that matter, I would very much appreciate any other information or opinions as they have proven to be so valuable in the past.

Thanks in advance.

John

Last edited:
+1 on the Dark Blue Platinum.

For me they're fantastic blades.

$cpgp2.jpg

Last edited:
Vintage Gillette super stainless, Aka Spoilers are my favourites. Gillette still makes great blades but they don't make stainless blades to last like they used to. Plus, they come in a handy metal dispenser that is pretty cool.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Vintage Gillette super stainless, Aka Spoilers are my favourites. Gillette still makes great blades but they don't make stainless blades to last like they used to. Plus, they come in a handy metal dispenser that is pretty cool.

proxy.php

+1 Awesome blades. I have an eight year stash of them.$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397269803.856674.jpg

I have tried yellows and they weren't aggressive enough for me. I love the silver blues.
Really I thought they were so aggressive even close to a feather in aggressiveness,, I know it is a matter of YMMV,,however I would give a try to gillette blues as I saw there is so much potential to them.

Nice Bharvey, I have picked up a few years supply of vintage Gillette stainless steal blades too! I even like the vintage Gillette stainless and the Gillette platinum blades but the Gillette super stainless spoilers are sweet and get amazing mileage. They should be on everyone's blade to try list before they dwindle down and all get used up. Plus, the dispensers are cool and actually reusable.

$razor blades.jpg

I found the gillette yellow 7 o'clock to work the best for me
+1 on this. My go to blade. Perfect blend of sharpness AND smoothness for me. Having said that, Gillette Silver Blues are a fine blade as are Gillette 7:00 Blacks.

Don't limit yourself to jus Gillette blades though. You should try Vokshod and PolSilver as well.

BRITD impressive. I'm a bit obsessed with building my stash even though I will probably never use them all. Really like the Schick Super Chromiums and Plus Platinums as well.

Top Bottom