What's new

Funny you should ask...

I can't really imagine DE shaving in the shower. I used to do that sometimes with a cartridge, but now I do so much more with lather and most DEs are much more aggressive than a cartridge. I wouldn't want to give up the joy of face lathering! :)
But should newbies attempt this feat in this fashion???

Especially as a newbie, I'd recommend taking your time standing at a sink in front of a mirror to develop your technique. A careful shave takes 20 minutes or so. You'll be thinking about how to hold the razor, the angles, keeping light/no pressure, etc..
So jumping right into the shower isnt gonna be a good idea then...?

Some additional context would be helpful. Is one or the other not working for you?
This is what i mean,

Between corded electric shavers like braun, norelco, or remington and cartridge razors, which one will give not so much a closer but cleaner shave? Sometimes people use powder sticks, williams lectric shave, or afta pre electric shave lotion, but other times not when using braun or norelco shavers which only need to be cleaned and lubricated and used on clean and dry skin... a cleaner shave?

The Norelco 2300 is a rechargeable, but according to advertising can also be used plugged in. Given that the rechargeable batteries in shavers are non-replaceable, the 2300 would be at the top of my list if I was shopping for a new shaver.

As far as the original question, I don't understand what the OP means by "clean."
I only ask because of this 1961 gillette tv commercial which says a manual razor will deliver a cleaner shave.

So i have to assume and again im assuming here only that even a cartridge razor will deliver a cleaner shave than any electric shaver. Even if someone use a braun or norelco shaver which the manufacturer says not to use a remington powder stick, williams lectric shave liquid, or afta pre electric lotion the mere fact that both a braun or norelco shaver has to be cleaned with a cleaner and lubricant makes me suspect that these two will leave a slight film or residue on the skin after shaving whereas to a manual razor wont do that. Does this make sense any of you guys?

When the Gillette commercial talks about a clean shave, they meant clean in the sense of an even shave, with no rough edges or any whiskers remaining. The whole idea was to say shaving with a Gillette gives a better result than electric, so Gillette didn't lose sales to electrics.

Back then, electrics did not shave all that close. Electrics have improved since then, so you'll have to decide for yourself which gives a better result.
But which will leave a cleaner shave then? More hygienic if you will?

Safety razors are able to deliver a closer shave, potentially, depending upon the razor. That being said, that comes at the expense of razor burn or skin irritation.

Electric razors give a less-close shave, generally. There is usually no irritation, at least with the modern razors I have tried.

I find that if I use my technique, I can get a better shave with electric than I do with safety razors.

Does this answer your question?
Less residue on skin... does this help?

. No.

As with wet shaving, you want your skin as slick as possible to get the closest shave. At least that's been my experience.
Ok let me put it to you this way, if you shave while in the shower youll rinse off foam. You use a corded shaver and youll have to use soap and water to rinse off remington face saver powder stick, williams lectric shave or afta pre electric lotion. Even by just using a braun or norelco shaver with none of these products the shaver foil and cutters have cleaner/lubricant which will rub face... which of these two will rinse off better then...?

I understand, at last.

If you are not going to shave with an electric razor in the shower, and you are only going to shave at the sink, I have always heard that you should shave before a shower or face wash, because you will want the hair to be brittle.

As for those specific products, I have only used Lectric Shave so I can't speak to the others. I have seen a video comparison between Lectric Shave and Afta, and Lectric Shave definitely looked cleaner. However, in both videos I saw, Afta gave a better dry shave.

I have not used Remington Face Saver Powder Stick. I believe it has been discontinued.

Hope this helps!
I called braun, norelco, panasonic, and remington and they all told me that prefer shaving after showering, does this help out in you giving me a different opinion?

Before the internet, message boards, FakeBook, Forums believe it or not products had instruction printed on cans. Or in the case of Gillette Razors in with packing.
I had the sensor excel razor in 1997 and i remember never seeing such instructions! What are you talking about? Message boards, fakebook, forums but where if not online then?

Can you show me shave foam print??

Well here is instruction how to get Foam out of Can.

No instruction on how to put on face.🫠. Maybe they think that is on user.

IMG_4624.jpeg
IMG_4626.jpeg

Top Bottom