What's new

Funny you should ask...

thats really weird because for some reason i cannot find that thread titled williams lectric shave for some reason! was it deleted??? rsvp.

This is basically the same question as your thread titled "wlilliams lectric" to which I just posted a very lengthy response, check over there.

but will proraso soften wiskers like when somebody is in the shower where water has absolutely saturated their facial hair or not? or only a runner up? rsvp

For a coarse beard I recommend proraso pre shave. Works wonders. Proraso shave cream/soap will soften the beard though, if left on for a few minutes.

That’s one of the best prices for the single blade line of creams. They are in larger bags because they are meant for barbers. $22 is usually what they go for. You might get lucky and find it on amazon or eBay for a few bucks less.
can i use it with disposable multiblade razors from gillette, schick or bic? rsvp

W
If you have sensitive skin and want to shave against the grain, personally, I would suggest using something a lot better than Proraso. I have evaluated over 150 soaps and creams and consider Proraso to be a Tier 3 soap. There are other soaps that will provide greater slickness and much better protection for your skin and provide better post-shave feel.
What would be better than proraso for sensitive skin when shaving atg???? Rsvp

Don,

Before you spend any money on a product that may or may not work, I suggest you try a few cold water shaves. You might be surprised!

BTW cold water does not mean "ice cube water." It means neutral or cool water that comes out of the cold water tap.
but what if i took a hot shower during the winter time? rsvp

Proraso is a fine product, I have many tubes of it. But like I was explaining to someone the other day, it's for Italian professional barbers, and they generally use a very wet sudsy lather to shave with because it is fast and easy to remove with damp steamed towels. For more cushion and slip I would try proraso pre-shave.

In Turkey, they traditionally are allowed to rinse your face with water, so their professional shave soaps are going to be conducive to a really thick creamy lather.
I like arko, it's got a really thick cushiony lather. It gets almost too protective sometimes, I need to water it down quite a bit to let the blade through. I usually do wtg and across, but I've been doing more Against the grain with the Arko.

Another product I use a lot of is called Kiss My Face, and KMF soaps are very thick and slick and almost a bit slimy. But very very slippery. Should be available at most grocery stores. I like the one with shea butter.

Speaking of which shea butter or coconut oil, pre-shave oil of some kind is a great way to add some slip to your shave and reduce irritation.
what bricks and mortar stores sell kiss my face shaving cream? would they have been selling this cream back in early 2000???? rsvp

Proraso is a fine product, I have many tubes of it. But like I was explaining to someone the other day, it's for Italian professional barbers, and they generally use a very wet sudsy lather to shave with because it is fast and easy to remove with damp steamed towels. For more cushion and slip I would try proraso pre-shave.

In Turkey, they traditionally are allowed to rinse your face with water, so their professional shave soaps are going to be conducive to a really thick creamy lather.
I like arko, it's got a really thick cushiony lather. It gets almost too protective sometimes, I need to water it down quite a bit to let the blade through. I usually do wtg and across, but I've been doing more Against the grain with the Arko.

Another product I use a lot of is called Kiss My Face, and KMF soaps are very thick and slick and almost a bit slimy. But very very slippery. Should be available at most grocery stores. I like the one with shea butter.

Speaking of which shea butter or coconut oil, pre-shave oil of some kind is a great way to add some slip to your shave and reduce irritation.
between proraso and truefitt and hill i believe which one is better for sensitive skin when shaving against the grain? rsvp.

Its less about the soap and more about the razor, blade and technique. I can and do shave directly ATG, first pass even, anywhere from 44 to 100 hours growth with virtually any soap, Dawn dish soap included.

I also have coarse dense growth and fairly sensitive skin.

A soap thats better for your skin and makes it more supple while being very slick does help but far more important is the razor, blade and technique.

Most problems associated with shaving ATG might very well be from an unsuitable razor design which lacks blade rigidity, and/or technique.
well, i prefer to use multiblade razors because they give a closer shave.......... rsvp

Its less about the soap and more about the razor, blade and technique. I can and do shave directly ATG, first pass even, anywhere from 44 to 100 hours growth with virtually any soap, Dawn dish soap included.

I also have coarse dense growth and fairly sensitive skin.

A soap thats better for your skin and makes it more supple while being very slick does help but far more important is the razor, blade and technique.

Most problems associated with shaving ATG might very well be from an unsuitable razor design which lacks blade rigidity, and/or technique.
well i prefer multiblade razors because of the closeness........ rsvp

Don, that is irrelevant. After your hot shower, splash some cold water on your face and proceed with your cold water shave. Let's don't make life (and shaving) more complicated that it needs to be.

No one claims a cold water shave will be as pleasant as a warm water shave. But what is claimed by many shavers is a cold water shave is more close, and with less chance of irritation and cuts. It also wakes a person up without the caffeine. :eek2:
if after taking a hot shower i want to use a hot towel but then cold water???? rsvp

what bricks and mortar stores would have been selling proraso products back in 1999-2000 in the u.s.? thrifty now known as rite aid, kmart, target, ect......... can someone give me an idea of what stores would have been selling proraso in the los angeles area? historically, what stores have sold proraso in the u.s. from the late 90s up until now? would a proraso lover, expert please tell me. rsvp.

I wonder why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
because i want to cross reference information by going back in time and seeing what i would have done differently by using proraso instead of gillette series shave gel! one wishes that one could go back in time and have done things differently! make sense now?

historically speaking, what retailers across the u.s. have sold proraso from 1995 and onward and im not talking about online retailers........ would kmart, target, or thrifty now known as rite aid have sold all of the proraso products?? what regular retailers would have sold ALL of the proraso line of products from that year and onward because im trying to remember and i mean from the bottom of my heart remember if maybe kmart, target, or thrifty could have been selling ALL of the proraso products but i honestly cannot remember for some reason and i dont know why...........??? what retailer across america would have been selling all and i mean all of the proraso products so the american people could buy it? would any of you guys care to take a stab here?

Top Bottom