What's new

Franken-Scent Friday

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
For Franken-Scent Friday I'll mix Creamo with Formula-T Barbershop soap. Both have a citrus element and should match well. I'll finish things off with Maggards London Barbershop AS.

...taco's later for movie night.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
For Franken-Scent Friday I'll mix Creamo with Formula-T Barbershop soap. Both have a citrus element and should match well. I'll finish things off with Maggards London Barbershop AS.

...taco's later for movie night.

Thanks for playing along Aaron. I don't know why but I fell like Burritos for a change of pace. :a49:

I mixed a Dalli shaving stick with liquid smoke, hoping to achieve some camp fire scent. Instead I smelled like a smoked mackerel. Luckily it didn't last long. :laugh:

P.S. I'm a trained professional, don't try this at home. :001_smile

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Friday's coming. I think a dollop of Creamo mixed with Arko may be the ticket. A cheap design for sure but maybe calling Igor to the master keep bathroom for further inspection.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Friday's coming. I think a dollop of Creamo mixed with Arko may be the ticket. A cheap design for sure but maybe calling Igor to the master keep bathroom for further inspection.

If you are mixing anything with Arko then I'm sorry but Igor will not be inspecting.:scared:
My money is on Arko will own Creamo.

Lider Classic - The chemically lime scent is a bit overpowering
Proraso Green Soap - All 3 of my Proraso soaps are surplus to requirement now that I've got all 4 Proraso creams

So, I mixed the 2 together - the subtle menthol scent of the Proraso toned down the chemically scent of the Lider
The result - a refreshing lime scent with a menthol tingle, very slick, but with enough cushion for a "Santa Beard" lather
I used a new Kleen Shave Premium blade from India in my Russian Ideal Adjustable and shaved WTG on #4, XTG on #3, ATG on #2 followed by buffing S-N & N-S everywhere below the jawline on #1
A DFS, no irritation, nicks or weepers

Menthol/Citrus is a winning combo - another keeper

This was more of an experiment to increase the longevity of my Proraso Blue Cream, but...........

I mixed a small amount of Proraso Blue Cream, which has a very subtle, but clean, pleasant scent (one of my new favourites alongside Proraso Red, White & Green Creams), one of my favourite Proraso Creams-
With.......
Proraso White Soap, which has a very subtle menthol scent (rendered a 5th wheel by the Proraso Creams along with Proraso Red & Green Soaps), my favourite Proraso Soap
The Result-
Probably the best Proraso product I've ever used, the 2 different Proraso products, both very good in themselves, blend well together to create a whole new product.
I can't describe the exact scent, but it's very clean, subtle and manly, if they made a "Proraso Sky Blue"- it would be like this
The mix was very thirsty, but with enough elbow grease, and sprinkling a few drops of water at a time, the resulting lather was very slick, but also very rich and creamy
I had my usual favourite "Santa Beard", which as well as being visually appealing, also had plenty of cushion, and a nice menthol tingle.
After shaving, my face felt very soft, supple and refreshed.
This blend is a keeper

I'll be pairing up Proraso Soaps with Proraso Creams to make the Creams last longer
Aside from the obvious Red with Red, White with White and Green with Green, White with Blue will be my blend of choice.
My next ventures will be Green with Blue and Red with Blue

Watch this space...........

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Valobra - Fougere / CR Salter - Vetiver.
I like this one a real earthy shave. I could smell both the fern & vetiver.
AS post shave was Myrsol Blue + 444. Cool and fresh.:thumbup1:

$20160611_100100.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Frankenstein-Scent Friday was Creamo cream and Speick shave stick. The AS was Clubman Lime Sec. All was a great summer time mix.

This was an experiment to give the bland and insipid Old Spice Fresh Lime Cream a bit of lime scent by adding some Estoril Men Sport Line Cream and a refreshing menthol tingle by using Proraso Green Soap

The result mixed and lathered very quickly and easily, had as much cushion as anybody could wish for, was nice and slick and had plenty of tingle..........
Unfortunately the menthol scent of the Proraso Soap neutralised the lime scent of the Estoril Cream, and the dull as ditchwater scent of the Old Spice Fresh Lime Cream diluted it further
I had created a monster - The Diet Pepsi of the Franken-Scent world - One Calorie = Not Enough !!

The Superlather was a great performer as a Superlather, but the scent was a total failure

It works using Lider and Proraso Green
It works using Lider and Proraso White

But it certainly doesn't work using Estoril and Proraso Green

Never again - after typing this I'm obliterating this blend from my memory, but putting in a mental block - if I try to mix this blend again, I'll stop myself subconsciously !!

Top Bottom