What's new

Fragrances that don't last on you.

In general, is it not accepted wisdom that those with oiler/moister skin tend to hold on to scents longer than those with drier skin?

Tom Ford for Men. I get a very light lemony opening then it's gone, no matter how much I apply. My wife has a very sensitive nose and has confirmed this.

Trumper's Lime has the staying power of antimatter on me-it's gone in seconds.

Again, I believe it is widely accepted that citrus EOs have a nortiously short scent life. It has certainly proven true with me, unfortunately.

Green Irish Tweed, with normal (4 sprays) application doesn't get beyond an hour really. With twice as many sprays I can get most of the workday in. Most Creeds are a bit anemic with longevity for me. Also, Quorum by Puig is a bit on the weak side.

Caldey Island Lavender lasts an hour tops on me. I'll wear it to church, a short evening out or to bed, but I don't wear it to work. I really like L'Eau de l'Artisan, but I get 2 or 3 hours from it.

Green Irish Tweed, with normal (4 sprays) application doesn't get beyond an hour really. With twice as many sprays I can get most of the workday in. Most Creeds are a bit anemic with longevity for me. Also, Quorum by Puig is a bit on the weak side.

I would literally clear the room if I wore 4 sprays of Green Irish Tweed. 1 spray to the chest and it pounds on me for a solid 2 hours then mellows to an acceptable level for the remainder of the day until early evening.

A lot of fragrances - some of then may seem odd:

Knize Ten - fades completely within two hours after appliance;
GFT Eucris - idem as Knize Ten;

Knize Ten and GFT Eucris are alleged powerhouses in terms of longevity.

GFT Spanish Leather - gone in under one hour;
Blenheim Bouquet - less than half an hour.

Strangely enough, a very light scent such as GFT Ajaccio Violets stays with me for well over six hours...

I would literally clear the room if I wore 4 sprays of Green Irish Tweed. 1 spray to the chest and it pounds on me for a solid 2 hours then mellows to an acceptable level for the remainder of the day until early evening.

Really? Hm. When is your bottle from? Apparently current production is a good deal weaker than old stuff.

Most anything by L'Artisan Parfumeur fades pretty quickly on me. The exceptions would be Dzing! (which is great when you want the all-day scent of a circus stable that doubles at night as an S&M dungeon) and, if I'm feeling generous, Tea for Two.

Boss bottled night, great scent but lasts maybe 15 minutes on me with no residual fragrance to note.

proxy.php

Top Bottom