What's new

FPOTD: Week of July 18th - July 24th 2011

Big Red got the nod today as the extended Pearl ran out. 5 O'clock in Big Red and Army Air Corps in the Flighter and 'De Lune in the Snorkel rounded out the day....Looks like these will be the Big 3 for the next couple of days.

Kind of sad on the Pearl....the .7 Crisp Italic on that pen is such a joy to use.

Edit : This may all change on Tuesday as the Sailor is due tomorrow and that sweet music is already calling to me !!!!

Update ....the Sailor is in Parsippany....in my hands definitely tomorrow !!!!

I can't wait for my Sailor to get here... I don't think it has even left Japan yet.

Nice wartime Eversharp Skyline with a juicy flexy fine nib. Fancy cap with gold derby and jeweler's band with a name on the catouche: Thelma Bellah. I love engraved pens and these women's demi size Skylines often have incredible nibs.

proxy.php

Just to check if anyone is looking at the FPOTD I am offering a bottle of vintage Sanford's Penit washable blue ink in a cute little bottle. I'll pick a winner when I get five PMs.

Doug, I don't own any of the demi sized Skylines but I am looking for a package from Ron Zorn any day with my newly reconditioned pen. This pen has been through it. My wife wash it in the washing machine and all the shellac got washed away. The amazing thing was that the gold cap and the nib were in great shape. I will show some pictures when I get it.

Great idea on the give away! Who could turn down such an offer!

Nice wartime Eversharp Skyline with a juicy flexy fine nib. Fancy cap with gold derby and jeweler's band with a name on the catouche: Thelma Bellah. I love engraved pens and these women's demi size Skylines often have incredible nibs.

That Waterman's is as old as the pen.

proxy.php

Just to check if anyone is looking at the FPOTD I am offering a bottle of vintage Sanford's Penit washable blue ink in a cute little bottle. I'll pick a winner when I get five PMs.
PM Incoming!!

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
:huh: I'll bet a popular chap such as Nemo has had more than a handful of PM's in the last 18 months!!!

Zero. Nada. No PMs on the vintage ink (which I still have). I remember I checked my Photobucket activity for that week and only seven views on that pic I think. Soon after I gave up on the "popular" FPOTD series. I think everyone just wanted to talk about TWSBIs.

I probably ought to get that started again, I like telling about some of the cool old pens I use.

Zero. Nada. No PMs on the vintage ink (which I still have). I remember I checked my Photobucket activity for that week and only seven views on that pic I think. Soon after I gave up on the "popular" FPOTD series. I think everyone just wanted to talk about TWSBIs.

I probably ought to get that started again, I like telling about some of the cool old pens I use.

I, for one, would like to hear about your cool pens too. :)

Maybe you dont have to do a fountain pen of the day Doug, do a sticky of Dougs vintage pen collection, that way when you have time you can add in as you please and show off the goods without commitment on time, plus FPOTD doesnt allow much time for all of us to go to ebay before the next pen hits, and If members dont have time, or new guys come in the old weeks stuff wont have just dropped of the first page, cause these days that doesnt take long

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I'm going to change the rules a little. OK, here's the deal: In "51" words or fewer, tell me why you think using vintage items (not just pen stuff) for daily use is a good thing for YOU. I will look at the first 5 posts here in this old thread and the stewards and I will make a decision. No PMs please.

Here is the old ink from the original PIF

proxy.php

For me, I rebuild vintage cars so using vintage stuff is just second nature, and preferred by me. I like everything that involves older, well built products. Shaving, fountain pens, clothes and anything else, that catches my fancy, makes me feel like I live in a better time, product wise.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
For me, I rebuild vintage cars so using vintage stuff is just second nature, and preferred by me. I like everything that involves older, well built products. Shaving, fountain pens, clothes and anything else, that catches my fancy, makes me feel like I live in a better time, product wise.

Interesting, as I just spent six hours today rebuilding a vintage car. Kind of a time machine for me.

Top Bottom