What's new

FPOTD: Week of July 18th - July 24th 2011

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Inspired by maxman I busted out my 1942 Duofold Sub-Deb for today.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm working at university today. The Dean of school has given us research students an office to work in so I'm taking advantage of this perk. I have brought my Pelikan M800 filled up with Visconti Turquoise to use in my notetaking. The reams of notes I have been taking for my research project are so much more pleasurable to write using my fountain pens. I won't go as far as to say it makes the process fun, but it certainly adds some pleasure to what can be a mind numbing task.

Pete

I'm working at university today. The Dean of school has given us research students an office to work in so I'm taking advantage of this perk. I have brought my Pelikan M800 filled up with Visconti Turquoise to use in my notetaking. The reams of notes I have been taking for my research project are so much more pleasurable to write using my fountain pens. I won't go as far as to say it makes the process fun, but it certainly adds some pleasure to what can be a mind numbing task.

Pete

Just like shaving. If you have to do it, why not enjoy it?

My Green "LJ" Estie with Bad Belted Kingfisher!!!
attachment.php

Tom

Love the LJ! Looks like it in in fantastic shape.:thumbup1: Where did Noodlers come up with that name?

I'm not much into writing things..lol..I know shame on me...but does anyone still use those feather pens and ink..im lost for words on this..heres a pic...

Attachments

• $1.jpg
    $1.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 82

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Sailor 1911 lemon with custom 14k italic nib, Pilot iroshizuku asa-gao ink

Is that a hairline crack in the cap I see? Yup, lemon.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Beautiful pen Nemo. How long have you had it?

Thanks. I've had it about five years, the guy who sold it to me hated the nib. I straightened it out but it's a crisp italic and the corners are kinda sharp.

I almost sold it a couple of years ago for $40 but the cracked cap was a deal breaker. Doesn't bother me much, it's a writer.

It is an Estie kind of day!!! I have my green "LJ" with Bad Belted Kingfisher and my black "LJ" FINE nib with Waterman Red.

Tom

Today I'm playing with a Sheaffer Viewpoint (very cheap pen) Med Italic with Noodlers Black Swan in English Roses. I'm not really a big fan of this pen but it's the only Med Italic I have and this ink demands something that can show off it's shading.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Parker Duofold Jr in hard rubber, medium gold point button filler. This material was dropped with the introduction of the new "Permanite" plastic in 1926, so it's between 1923-1925. (It has the 1/8 inch wide gold-filled cap band introduced in 1923).

$5 back then, a lot of dough when the US economy was still really bad.

20's Morrison "Tourist" Recently repaired.
attachment.php

Parker Duofold Jr in hard rubber, medium gold point button filler. This material was dropped with the introduction of the new "Permanite" plastic in 1926, so it's between 1923-1925. (It has the 1/8 inch wide gold-filled cap band introduced in 1923).

$5 back then, a lot of dough when the US economy was still really bad.

Great looking pens fellas. I love the styling in those days. NO Nonsense!

I loaded up one of my Pilot 78gs, fine point with Noodler's Kung Te Cheng to write a thank you letter and some other notes. First time using my fountain pens in a while, moving to another section made it hard to use fountain pens (the paper doesn't take FP ink).

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Nice wartime Eversharp Skyline with a juicy flexy fine nib. Fancy cap with gold derby and jeweler's band with a name on the catouche: Thelma Bellah. I love engraved pens and these women's demi size Skylines often have incredible nibs.

That Waterman's is as old as the pen.

proxy.php

Just to check if anyone is looking at the FPOTD I am offering a bottle of vintage Sanford's Penit washable blue ink in a cute little bottle. I'll pick a winner when I get five PMs.

My Kaweco came in, so I'm carrying it along side my Lamy Al-Star while I do some comparison. So far, comfort goes to Lamy while writing performance goes to Kaweco.

Oh, and a little something to keep me focused.

I love that setup, Josh. Nothing like a bit of tea to focus you.

Inspired by maxman I busted out my 1942 Duofold Sub-Deb for today.

Now that Duofold is something to behold. I am envious!

Sailor 1911 lemon with custom 14k italic nib, Pilot iroshizuku asa-gao ink

Is that a hairline crack in the cap I see? Yup, lemon.

Now, I never thought I would like a yellow pen but that is pretty elegant. I think you should send it to me for evaluation of the hairline crack. hehe

Big Red got the nod today as the extended Pearl ran out. 5 O'clock in Big Red and Army Air Corps in the Flighter and 'De Lune in the Snorkel rounded out the day....Looks like these will be the Big 3 for the next couple of days.

Kind of sad on the Pearl....the .7 Crisp Italic on that pen is such a joy to use.

Edit : This may all change on Tuesday as the Sailor is due tomorrow and that sweet music is already calling to me !!!!

Update ....the Sailor is in Parsippany....in my hands definitely tomorrow !!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom