What's new

Footwear of the Day

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I surprised myself today. I picked entirely the wrong shoe for the job, and got away with it.

The task was 2.1/2 hour travel (each way) to a hospital appointment. Each journey consisted of walk, 1st bus, walk, light rail, walk, 2nd bus, walk, with each walk being 10 to 15 minutes. Like a moron, I left the house in these, instead of well cushioned "mile clocker" shoes.

View attachment 1807837

I only realised I'd pocked the wrong shoe for five hours of walking and public transport, after it was too late to turn back. There was a nasty hill climb at the end of the outbound journey, which put more strain on my knees than I'd have liked, but otherwise they coped rather well. I wouldn't normally go much more than a mile in these shoes.

The truest indicator of a shoe’s comfort is forgetting you have them on. 😀

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I surprised myself today. I picked entirely the wrong shoe for the job, and got away with it.

The task was 2.1/2 hour travel (each way) to a hospital appointment. Each journey consisted of walk, 1st bus, walk, light rail, walk, 2nd bus, walk, with each walk being 10 to 15 minutes. Like a moron, I left the house in these, instead of well cushioned "mile clocker" shoes.

View attachment 1807837

I only realised I'd pocked the wrong shoe for five hours of walking and public transport, after it was too late to turn back. There was a nasty hill climb at the end of the outbound journey, which put more strain on my knees than I'd have liked, but otherwise they coped rather well. I wouldn't normally go much more than a mile in these shoes.
What "mile clocker"shoes should you have worn?

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Stan the Man…
IMG_8676.jpeg

A brief question for those of you with a lot more experience than me. Besides wearing my new Myrqvist to scuff the soles for less slippage. Anything that I can do? Please and thank you 😊.

Top Bottom