What's new

๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿฅƒ๐ŸŽธ๐Ÿบ๐ŸŽฌ๐Ÿ”ช โ€œSOTD - B&B Subforums! Theme Weekโ€ November 27th to December 3rd, 2023 ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿฅƒ๐ŸŽธ๐Ÿบ๐ŸŽฌ๐Ÿ”ช

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTD: 3rd December 2023.

10.jpg

โ€‹
Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather Bergamot & Sea Salt Energising Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 11137.
Face Lather
Lather: Boots Original Shave Stick.
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword. (D2)
Razor: King C. Gillette.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Boots Freshwood ASL + ASB.

Greetings,

Another shave where everything worked together wonderfully....As always the inexpensive Boots Trio was a joy to use making my Sunday morning shave a pleasurable experience.

Finishing the shave off a with a few small dollops of Boots Freshwood ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
โ€‹
ย 

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Battle of the Bloodlettersโ€‹

DSC_8131.jpg

Sunday Shave 12.03.23
RAZOR: Muhle Tortoise Shell R103
BLADE: Gillette Nacet
RAZOR: Dscosmetic Z0 316L stainless steel
BLADE: Gillette Nacet
BRUSH: Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 500E Gel Bulb
LATHER: Ach Brito Mogno Shaving Soap

For this shave, I compared two very different versions of the venerable R41. I shaved with the Muhle R103 on the right side of my face and the ZO 316L on the left side โ€“ Iโ€™m sure you know where this is going.
After two basic passes with the R103 (WTG and ATG), the left side was a respectable DFS. And with two very careful passes with the Chinese clone (both WTG), the right side was also DFS, with one weeper.
The Dscosmetic Z0 316L is not to be trifled with!
ย 
Sunday, December 3, 2023.

Floรฏd oil pre shalve. Noble Otter: Firefighter, shaving soap & lotion aftershave. Pablo Fuertes: Boti Brush-SHD Captain Finest, bulb 24 mm, two bands badger, custom bond poliester resin handle. Filarmรณnica 14 Doble Temple, custom scales bone and jasper.
IMG_6223.jpeg

Sunday, December 3, 2023.

Floรฏd oil pre shalve. Noble Otter: Firefighter, shaving soap & lotion aftershave. Pablo Fuertes: Boti Brush-SHD Captain Finest, bulb 24 mm, two bands badger, custom bond poliester resin handle. Filarmรณnica 14 Doble Temple, custom scales bone and jasper.

IMG_6229.jpeg
ย 
Sun 3
Soap & Aftershave Smoking Monsters Zen Tea & A&E Kaizen
Brush Yaqi 24mm Red Marble
Razor Gold Dollar 208
This soap is creamy and slick, and together with the splash, smells wonderful!
This razor is just awesome! It's already good with the diamond balsa 'laser' edge but my face prefers a natural edge nowadays so put it through the HBA. Wow! Feels more comfortable and yet still very keen...I like it even better now!
20231203_160131.jpg
ย 
A SOD.jpg
3017.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Frank Shaving Syn.
Bowl
Captainโ€™s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WR2 SB 1.05
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & AoS Balm
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the third shave with the Wolfman WR2-SB โ€“ 1.05 loaded with a Wizamet blade. It was a smooth, close, and comfortable shave. I finally finished the MdC soap after 303 shaves. I have never gotten as many shaves with a puck or jar of soap. The soap was able to deliver a perfect lather with each shave. As you can see from the photo, the amount of soap I had to work with was small. In fact, the photo makes it appear there was more soap than actual. I had to remove the bit of soap and put it in the shaving bowl. Have a great day and week, folks.
ย 
Sunday
Preshave: Hims High Tide Hydrating Cleanser /Cremo Coconut-Mango Shave Cream
Razor: RazoRock Little Bastone
Blade: Silver Star Super Stainless
Brush: Simpson Tulip T3 Super Badger
Soap: C.O. Bigelow Premium Shave Cream
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger After Shave & Face Tonic /Alum
Balm: Nancy Boy Replenishing After-Shave Gel
ย 

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Dec 3rd 2023

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur SE AC type with a Milano SSP handle- Mfg 2021>, tame mid range. Simple clamping system + small head parts (I assemble on wash cloth, a lot easier!) I have used this affordable razor head for the last 2 years and it performs well + 95%> of my shaves are close and comfortable. I have been experimenting with my Excalibur razor and my newest Romulus razor for peak performance. Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Schick proline P30 (2), sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore, nice vanilla light tobacco scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "coat tails"24 mm G5 synthetic. Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Closest synthetic feel to a 2 or 3 band badger I own.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Santa Maria del Fiore with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Excalibur AC type 50 mm razor with a Schick proline blade. Excellent shave this Sunday morning.

SOTD December 3 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!
ย 
Sunday Morning Salutations

Third shave with this Empire and the Schick Injector Blade. It has smoothed out a bit. I choked up on the handle a bit as the Empire has a somewhat of a wonky head heavy balance point. Short, light strokes produced a fine shave. Of course the slickness of the Tabac helped immensely.

Wilkinson Sword Empire Razor Set
Schick P-20 Blade (3X)
Tabac Shave Soap
PAA Solar Flare Brush
7 Potencias Splash On
Tabac Aftershave

FullSizeRender-compressed.jpeg
ย 
Status
Not open for further replies.