What's new

First Injector, any tips?

Just got my first SE razor in the mail today, a Type G Injector. I'm excited to use it and to start getting into the SE world.

First shave with it will be tomorrow morning. Any tips or things I should keep in mind?

Super shaver!

It's easy to forget that it's a Safety Razor. If you let your old cartridge habits sneak in; it will bite you.

Same with the speed you can shave with it. If you get too wild and careless it will get you... I seem to always get myself at the bottom of my ear, or under my nose, but that's me being careless.

I enjoy the Schick's very much!

Super shaver!

It's easy to forget that it's a Safety Razor. If you let your old cartridge habits sneak in; it will bite you.

Same with the speed you can shave with it. If you get too wild and careless it will get you... I seem to always get myself at the bottom of my ear, or under my nose, but that's me being careless.

I enjoy the Schick's very much!

Thanks for the tips!

The Type G is a truly excellent razor--user-friendly and intuitive to use. It is, however, different than a DE, and you should take it slow at first. Put the shave head almost flat against your face, then tilt the handle down slightly until you hear the whiskers being cut. Start with short strokes until you get the hang of the razor. Other than that, just sit back and enjoy the ride. It's not impossible to cut yourself, but Schicks are very forgiving razors, so you shouldn't have any problems if your technique is decent.

The Type G is a truly excellent razor--user-friendly and intuitive to use. It is, however, different than a DE, and you should take it slow at first. Put the shave head almost flat against your face, then tilt the handle down slightly until you hear the whiskers being cut. Start with short strokes until you get the hang of the razor. Other than that, just sit back and enjoy the ride. It's not impossible to cut yourself, but Schicks are very forgiving razors, so you shouldn't have any problems if your technique is decent.

+1+1+1+1. Listen for the sound of toast being buttered too. They are a fine razor. Enjoy the sportscar of SE's(to me)

and here's a link for your reading fun. http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm

Top Bottom