What's new

Fast food prices (!)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I use to do El Pollo loco, Popeye, and Del Taco, was not the prices that drove me away. It was inconsistent service, inconstant portion, cold food, wrong food, and people who do not care.

Franchise owner are big corporation, with bean counters, who have no clue about anything but bottom line. Was talking one night to area manager for Popeyes, he had 7 or 8 stores. Franchisee who over hundreds just mandate a 20% cut in labor costs, so proper staff, went away.

Next thing I know this guy is gone, lady who replaced him, is also gone. Don't do no more, El Pollo loco, Popeye, and Del Taco.
Yep, quality at all the chains has gone into the toilet. Who wants to pay more for lower quality food?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Don't trust a sub shop that doesn't offer pastrami.
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

AA

Prices of everything is up. I went to Taco Bell the other day to have the enchirito because I use to order that a lot. Now you have to ask for hot sauce packets. I was wondering how much they save dolling them out instead of people just grabbing hand fulls from a bin? Seems minor but I bet it adds up?

Any way, I got the enchirito to see how it compares to a local restaurant called Taco Bravo. Which happens to be operating out of an old Taco Bell building. Both similar prices but Taco Bravo has the enchiladas for $1.50 on Thursday. Quite the deal!

Taco Bell
45549235-8150-4384-AC8C-3F293053CB59.jpeg

And, Taco Bravo for the WIN 🏆

39009D0C-6C17-4001-892E-FC473C7726DE.jpeg

Prices of everything is up. I went to Taco Bell the other day to have the enchirito because I use to order that a lot. Now you have to ask for hot sauce packets. I was wondering how much they save dolling them out instead of people just grabbing hand fulls from a bin? Seems minor but I bet it adds up?

Any way, I got the enchirito to see how it compares to a local restaurant called Taco Bravo. Which happens to be operating out of an old Taco Bell building. Both similar prices but Taco Bravo has the enchiladas for $1.50 on Thursday. Quite the deal!

Taco Bell
View attachment 1673991

And, Taco Bravo for the WIN 🏆

View attachment 1673994
what do you mean Taco Bell can't loose ... look at this gorgeous brown fat sauce your food is drowning into... it looks so ... why I have't got to Taco Bell in ages

Here in Denver, lunch for two of us has doubled to fifty bucks, no drinks. Dinner is now pushing a hundred bucks, maybe a beer for me. What has happened since Jan 21, 2021 is a disastrous abomination. We cook a lot at home as the quality here and cost are things we can control better. Plus, going out to eat, they use so much salt to enhance the flavors of food, whose overall quality has decreased. This country is being squeezed big time!

There are few food deals to be found from any dining place, fast food and sit down.

Bojangles was a great deal, two years ago, Tailgate box 12 chicken tender, 2x fries, six biscuits and 1/2 gallon sweet tea was $27.

As of July 2023, $42 for the same.

But they do have awesome bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits! Even if they cost more today.

I’m seeing the same thing happening in my area too.

I only do the big fast food chains about 4 times a year. I always ask myself. Why do I even go to these places anymore?

For the most part the person taking your order seems to not care. As mentioned a lot of these places seem kind of dirty now days.

The quality of the ground beef they are using is terrible. It’s about as good as those cheap frozen meals at the grocery store.

Even the teriyaki places don’t taste very good anymore and most meals are around $13.

I mostly eat at Vietnamese, Thai and Chinese restaurants. Found a burger place that makes a decent burger and can get fries and a small soda with it for $10.

Even these pizza chains are getting bad around here. Every time I go to Pizza Hut, dominos or Pappa John’s. I wish I would have gone to Costco instead and gotten better quality and paid less.

Whenever I want fast food (typically burgers), I go to Steak & Shake now. I've got a good one close to me and the quality is much better than the other fast food places. And interestingly enough, the prices have remained very reasonable.
You can get a double combo for like $6!
And they have good chili and of course good shakes!
Another good regional favorite here is Culvers! Excellent burgers, fish & shrimp and good prices. Good stuff!
Avoid the big 3 which have become a rip-off. Other smaller chains exist that are better and still have decent prices!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Yup, fast food is no longer an inexpensive excursion. Doesn't matter what it is.

Whenever I want fast food (typically burgers), I go to Steak & Shake now. I've got a good one close to me and the quality is much better than the other fast food places. And interestingly enough, the prices have remained very reasonable.
You can get a double combo for like $6!
And they have good chili and of course good shakes!
Another good regional favorite here is Culvers! Excellent burgers, fish & shrimp and good prices. Good stuff!
Avoid the big 3 which have become a rip-off. Other smaller chains exist that are better and still have decent prices!
Steak & shake is definitely one of the best burgers around. Don’t forget they have the $4 options. For chili and shakes I prefer a local burger place over steak and shake

Steak & shake is definitely one of the best burgers around. Don’t forget they have the $4 options. For chili and shakes I prefer a local burger place over steak and shake
Where I live, no local options exist close by. Unfortunately!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I don’t eat a lot of fast food, but when I do I always go cheap. I figured out years ago that the “value” items can be pretty good and are cheap. Why buy a $6 Big Mac when I can buy 2 $1.99 McDouble cheese burgers?

Raunchy Ronald’s, Burger King, Taco Bell, A&W, Wendy’s… cheapie menu items are all I eat on the rare occasion I feel like cleaning out the old insides. 🤪 Drives my wife and kids crazy, but no $12.99 combos for this guy!

I have no problem paying $50+ for a great steak at a good restaurant, but I ain’t paying $15 for a crappy burger, fries and a Coke. 👎
I believe a McD's Double Cheeseburger is now well in excess of $3 USD. Perhaps even $3.50?

My once or twice a year McD's item, bacon egg and cheese biscuit meal, with a large coffee, and an additional hash brown, was $12+ this Spring. I don't eat fast food enough to care, but McD's inconsistent preparation quality and $12+ to eat breakfast in my vehicle, means that is almost off my list of options.

My once or twice a year McD's item, bacon egg and cheese biscuit meal, with a large coffee, and an additional hash brown, was $12+ this Spring. I don't eat fast food enough to care, but McD's inconsistent preparation quality and $12+ to eat breakfast in my vehicle, means that is almost off my list of options.
That's nuts!
In Florida it's half of that

For those fast food connoisseurs, Lol!!
Remember that apps exist for pretty much every place. And you get discounts with them. I for example always use the McDonald's app when I decide to eat there. Mobile ordering gets you a 30% off coupon! And many other deals too!

Top Bottom