What's new

Fast food prices (!)

Well imho the only two Fast Food joint that seem to be one the mark mostly are.

In n Out Burger, and ChicFillet, most of the others depending if franchisee care.

McDonalds use to hold franchisee to standards, today they do not.

It's ridiculous.

I remember getting two burgers, fries, and soda for 80 cents at McDonald's (everything was 20 cents), and getting change back from my dollar.

...no, but prices are high today. 😄😄😄

All signs ( high prices, hard times) that we are indeed living in the last days gentleman.

Seriously, the markers of collapse have accelerated greatly over a very short time-line. I don't quite think we're doomed in the short term but definitely headed in the wrong direction, with the wrong priorities.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
It's ridiculous.

I remember getting two burgers, fries, and soda for 80 cents at McDonald's (everything was 20 cents), and getting change back from my dollar.

Seriously, the markers of collapse have accelerated greatly over a very short time-line. I don't quite think we're doomed in the short term but definitely headed in the wrong direction, with the wrong priorities.

We are at the start of a second Great Depression.

And I'm definitely not moving to California like they did back then.

It's ridiculous.

It's all prophesied.

I went to Del Taco. They had a poster in the wall: Two Carnitas Stuffed Quesadilla Tacos for $6. Seems reasonable. I ordered two and accidentally said carne asada, which are two for $12. Added a milk shake and medium fries. Total $19.

Now, in comparison, there's Chronic Tacos... I can get a huge grilled shrimp burrito that's about two meals worth for about $12. That's a fantastic meal.
Only in SoCal ...
:001_cool:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I stop at Subway sometimes on the way to work. A coke, bag of chips, and a ft long it around $13-$15
I don’t even eat the burger or taco joints. There’s a local mex place that does taco Tuesday street tacos for 89 cents. I do that. But anything else, nah. It’s all outrageously expensive. Ain’t no damn away a McDonalds “value” meal is worth $10+ and that’s what they are now. No damn way.

I do subway cause it’s somewhat “better for you”, but more so cause its’ convenient, right on the way to work. Anything else…bleh. You won’t get me in to a corporate or chain restaurant either, such as Chilis, or TGIF, or Longhorns. Crap crap crap, junky nasty food. I would much rather shell out $$$$ for a legit real chef in the kitchen restaurant that has real food. Last time I was visiting friends I asked them the best place to eat in town. They suggested all the cheap places. I said, hell no...I want GOOD food. Ended up paying $400 for the 3 of us and it was damn worth it. I don’t care if I ever step foot in to a fast food place, or corporate owned restaurant ever again. Give me the gotta make a reservation places.

Most fast food is money poorly spent. Local McDonald's Quarter Pounder, fries and drink, not even an extra value deal...almost $10. I can get a big grilled 1/2 pound patty cheeseburger with all the trimmings and a plentiful serving of fresh-cut fries and endless iced tea for $10.49 at a favorite bar and grill joint. The McDonald's meal, in terms of taste and value, pales in comparison. In fact, no comparison.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I don't much care for fast food and haven't for some time. I will go well out of my way to do so, and the pricing is a great deal of that. I get that prices are up everywhere, so I understand, but I'm like Toothpick. I'd rather pay significantly more for something that's actually good. Sometimes, you need to spend a little more so that you don't waste it all. Spending $10-12 at a McDonald's or Taco Bell feels like a waste. Spending $15 on a GOOD burger and fries is worth it.

If I'm on a road trip, I don't at all mind putting some sandwiches or other meals in a cooler. It's not like it's any more trouble than finding and hitting a fast food spot. They aren't all that "fast" these days, anyhow. Even better is to find what looks like a good local place. I'm rarely

That said, the sandwich places aren't too bad. Subway is okay. Which Wich actually is pretty good (I had that a few months ago on the way home from Austin). I honesly haven't been to a Jimmy John's in a long time, but it was good when I was going. I don't know what's going on with Jersey Mike's, but Danny DeVito surely seems taken with them.

My favorite fast food Mexican place is One & Only Filiberto’s.

The other location are dirty, and my One is.

Clean, consistent, yummy, and salsa bar rocks.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I just went to a favorite, La Posada, for lunch with a friend. He had a couple of barbacoa tacos and iced tea, and I had a chicken enchilada verde, a bowl of black beans, and iced tea. Eighteen dollars for both of us plus five dollars for Lilianne, our waiter. We sat in a booth, had wonderful service, and were allowed to linger over free iced tea refills and seemingly bottomless chips and freshly made salsa.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I don't much care for fast food and haven't for some time. I will go well out of my way to do so, and the pricing is a great deal of that. I get that prices are up everywhere, so I understand, but I'm like Toothpick. I'd rather pay significantly more for something that's actually good. Sometimes, you need to spend a little more so that you don't waste it all. Spending $10-12 at a McDonald's or Taco Bell feels like a waste. Spending $15 on a GOOD burger and fries is worth it.

If I'm on a road trip, I don't at all mind putting some sandwiches or other meals in a cooler. It's not like it's any more trouble than finding and hitting a fast food spot. They aren't all that "fast" these days, anyhow. Even better is to find what looks like a good local place. I'm rarely

That said, the sandwich places aren't too bad. Subway is okay. Which Wich actually is pretty good (I had that a few months ago on the way home from Austin). I honesly haven't been to a Jimmy John's in a long time, but it was good when I was going. I don't know what's going on with Jersey Mike's, but Danny DeVito surely seems taken with them.

:lol: The Danny DeVito JM ads on YouTube are pretty cheesy. Poor Danny obviously needs the bux, but the ad agency needs a new art director. JM is another pretty good product, but like $15 - without chip$ and drink$ ...

AA

The only fast food I will eat are In n Out or other decent burger places or good non-franchise Mexican food, however I hardly ever even eat that. I always try to bring a ham or roast beef or tri tip sandwich, nuts, hard boiled eggs, string cheese in a little cooler. I feel way better not eating at fast food restaurants and I almost never get sick anymore(cold or flu) and I have lost weight. Not to mention I save a lot of money too!

Top Bottom