What's new

Experiences and opinions with FlyDear Super Platinum DE blades

I have a question : Which blade can it be compared to ?

Nacet ?
Permasharp ?
Astra ?
Dorco Prime ?
Other ? (specify)

Thank you for your answers :thumbup1:

Knock, knock, knock, anyone still on this forum ? :biggrin:

The Shining GIF

I have a question : Which blade can it be compared to ?

Nacet ?
Permasharp ?
Astra ?
Dorco Prime ?
Other ? (specify)

Thank you for your answers :thumbup1:
Personally, I find all blades to be different (therefore I don't "compare" them).

I simply rate them on how I find them. This usually varies from "meh" to "excellent."

Currently, my top favorite blade is the Gillette 7o'clock Ninja:
7o'clock-Ninja_2024-03-20.jpg

But, along with the Ninja, I class several in my "excellent" category... and the FlyDear is definitely one of them. :thumbup1:
Knock, knock, knock, anyone still on this forum ? :biggrin:

The Shining GIF
:laugh: OK, that post forced me to answer your previous post (which I had previously ignored). :wink2:

Flydear kinda wrecked my blade sampling frenzy. I had probably 15 100 packs of different well known blades. Then I got a 100 Flydears. I liked them a lot. Then someone showed me they were $28/1000 on Amazon, so I bought 2,000. Then I bought another 2,000 and gave The Great Blade Exchange The Great Blade Exchange v2 - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/wiki/The_Great_Blade_Exchange_v2 1,000 of them. Now they are all I use. The only down side I have for them is in a really agressive razor like the $3.00 Temu butterfly's I will get weepers if I'm not super careful. In my more normal Yintal, Weishi, and Qshave razors they are fine.

Thanks to all the great reviews on this thread I decided to get some FlyDear Super Platinum blades. I have completed four shaves so far with my first blade and I have to agree that it is a solid performer. So far the 2nd - 4th shaves felt sharper and smoother than the 1st(probably the coating be worn off). After four complete full face multi pass shaves there seems to be no perceptible decline at all in blade performance so far. The blade seems plenty sharp and quite smooth. The last three shaves I have been using my Schone razor(OC made by Fatip) which can sometimes be a little picky with blades for me but the FlyDear's are working very well in it. Overall I am impressed with the blade's performance and plan to continue using them as part of my rotation.

Thanks to all the great reviews on this thread I decided to get some FlyDear Super Platinum blades. I have completed four shaves so far with my first blade and I have to agree that it is a solid performer. So far the 2nd - 4th shaves felt sharper and smoother than the 1st(probably the coating be worn off). After four complete full face multi pass shaves there seems to be no perceptible decline at all in blade performance so far. The blade seems plenty sharp and quite smooth. The last three shaves I have been using my Schone razor(OC made by Fatip) which can sometimes be a little picky with blades for me but the FlyDear's are working very well in it. Overall I am impressed with the blade's performance and plan to continue using them as part of my rotation.
The Xirui blades really are a cut above many of the Chinese blades that preceded them. They are still priced economically too and fit into a nice niche on punching above their price point. I don't rank them as my top blade, but I have no qualms about using them when I need to look my best.

I just went to aliexpress.com and did a search for Flydear razor blades. But, you can't be a current aliexpress customer or you will see it for $4.92. The "Welcome" deal is for new customers only.
Oh now it clear. Let us know if they work for you.

Reactions: Kix
If you like FlyDear take a look at Rhinoceros blade too. It is from the same Xirui factory. I am on my 21th shave of Rhino ½-blade.
I thought the Rhino was the smoothest blade ever and can't find them locally to buy. Is the Flydear similar? Like the same blade similar?

Top Bottom