What's new

Experiences and opinions with FlyDear Super Platinum DE blades

IMG20240207215721.jpg

I have served you a review. Today I received both the CNC stainless steel razor and Knossos olive natural soaps for washing and shaving.

Razor:
It's unbelievable but I've never shaved with anything better in my life. That razor has outperformed the MÜHLE R89 in a way that makes you want to throw the R89 in the trash. I used the Flydear blade and experienced what it's like to have a face like when I was 8 again :D Next time I'll try the Iguetta blade instead of the Flydear blade and share the experience.

Soap:

I ordered two versions of the soap green and white. The white soap gave a lovely lather that the bar glided over. The lather was wet longer than the Proraso brand soap. The feel of the soap is like using a lubricating gel. So shaving with this soap was phenomenal. What happened after shaving I didn't use any after shave product because there was no need for it my skin was moisturized, treated and tightened. I will test the soap further but for such a simple product with no chemistry it's unprecedented.

10th FlyDear SOTD
SOTD-Knockout-W_2024-02-11.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Simpson Wee Scot 13/39
Soap: Mike's Unscented (7)
Razor: 1947 Knockout
Blade: FlyDear (10)
ASL: Caffè Latte [home brew]

An excellent shave. :biggrin:

Every single member of today's software and hardware team is a star.⭐ I'll move on from the FlyDear blade next shave (due to being fickle and liking variety), but I've had ten excellent shaves from it and I'm sure there are plenty more excellent shaves left in it.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

10th FlyDear SOTD
SOTD-Knockout-W_2024-02-11.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Simpson Wee Scot 13/39
Soap: Mike's Unscented (7)
Razor: 1947 Knockout
Blade: FlyDear (10)
ASL: Caffè Latte [home brew]

An excellent shave. :biggrin:

Every single member of today's software and hardware team is a star.⭐ I'll move on from the FlyDear blade next shave (due to being fickle and liking variety), but I've had ten excellent shaves from it and I'm sure there are plenty more excellent shaves left in it.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:
I really appreciate your posts about the FlyDear blades. I have a good supply and I'm looking forward to trying them out.
Your posts have been very helpful.

I had the first shave with the FlyDear razor blade. It seemed to work well, and I'm hoping that the next shave is a little smoother. The first shave was a little rough, but I had no weepers, nicks, etc. and no irritation. It was a nice and close shave. The blade was used in a Karve Overlander, that makes almost any blade shine.

Subsequent shaves will give a better idea how this blade ranks in the Kix den.

I received a 100 pack of Flydear yesterday. Cost me CDN$10 shipped and took less than three weeks. First use this morning in a copper Carbon with a ++ plate.
First shave was without any problems. Smooth, but somehow I'm expecting the second shave to be smoother. Good efficiency. Will use the same blade tomorrow.
Imagepipe_0.jpg
Imagepipe_0.jpg

FlyDear Blade #1 Shave #1
Tools: EJ DE89 Razor, TFS Soap, Suavecito Bay Rum aftershave & Motherload Brush.
I received a great smooth two pass shave this A.M.
The FlyDear blade was smooth & Sharp but, will it beat the Matgicol blade?
Stay tuned & don't touch that dial. :w00t:

February 19, 2023 Monday shave

Razor: Karve Overlander, brass
Blade: FlyDear (2)
Soap: Cella red
Brush: Perfecto badger :mellow:
Post shave: Barbero alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer

This was a three pass shave of 48 hours growth with the Overlander. Absolutely stellar!
The FlyDear blade was surprisingly good on its second use. Much smoother and did a great job of giving a close and comfortable shave. I feel better about buying 300 of them!

No weepers, nicks, etc. and no irritation. No alum or aftershave feedback. Zero.
I felt compelled to use my only badger brush (Perfecto), one that has lived for a long time in a box in the basement. It lost 4 more hairs, which is typical. However, the brush tips are like little spikes, even after a 15 minute soak. @Lockback must have gotten a good one!
I might buy another badger brush, but for now, my synthetic brushes work much better.

If the rest of the week goes as good as this shave, I'll be a happy camper!

10/10

Enjoy your day!

February 21, 2024 Wednesday shave

Razor: Karve Overlander, brass
Blade: FlyDear Super Platinum (3)
Soap: Cella red
Brush: Yaqi 30mm Tuxedo knot
Post shave: Osma alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger Aftershave and Face Tonic

This was a three pass shave of 48 hours growth.
The FlyDear blade did a great job and probably has a few more shaves left in it. Each shave has been very good.
They are quite a bargain at less than 5 cents each. The performance has been very happy-fying.
Zero alum or aftershave feedback.
No weepers, nicks or irritation. Super happy skin.
Overlander shaves are always great!

10/10 BBS

Enjoy your day!

FlyDear1.jpg

Honestly, I am surprised seeing so many amazing reviews. I must be doing something wrong because I found it pretty average. Not worth paying full price for either. Good, but far from great.

Top Bottom