What's new

Experiences and opinions with FlyDear Super Platinum DE blades

I just received a recent acquisition, a shipment of DE blades by FlyDear.
Super Platinums to be precise.

As far as I know, they are made in China.
Not expensive, but well packed and quality looks on par.

I found the first shaving experience surprisingly good.
Used my short Mergress on setting 3, so kind of between mild and not so mild.

Anyone else have experience with these blades?

I saw these and other blades on TEMU. The blades on their site do indeed have low prices but I would like to try before spending albeit little money on them.

I don't have a lot of experience, but I like them. They seem a bit more aggressive than Treet Platinums. I also got mine from Temu but Amazon has them for a few bucks more.

I don't know this brand of blade, the price is just crazy on Aliexpress.

5,88 euros for 100 blades, hoping this blade isn't crap.

Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 16-00-41 3.52€ Lame de rasoir à double tranchant en acier inoxydable ...jpg

So, I haven't shaved with a lot of different razors but these are pretty good for me. I am on my second shave with no complaints. Hair is coming off smoothly and I don't have any discomfort. I shave only WTG and in a single pass because my growth isn't that thick though. These cost me 5 cents a blade from Temu when you buy 100. I have also used Treet Platinum, and these FlyDear blades seem a bit sharper out of the box.
IMG_20231209_125058258.jpg

I have grown to respect the lone explorers and pioneers in shaving. The guys who take risks.
View attachment 1761558
Okay...well maybe 5 cents a blade isn't all that big a risk. What is the total cost after shipping? That would be the "actual" cost of the blade.
You have to spend $15 to get the free shipping and they charge your state sales tax for US addresses. So for me it really is about 5-6 cents a blade since I bought some other stuff I wanted at the same time to get to $15.

So, I have been shaving with the Flydears for a few weeks now.

TLDR: Not bad at all, in fact great value for money.

I am impressed with the quality, the sharpness and the longevity.
Quality wise, a decent packaging and individual blades neatly wrapped.
Nothing to complain here.

As for shipping, do not expect Temu or AliExpress to take great care.
Mine came in a plastic envelope, thoroughly seald.
Nothing special, it did the job.

As for sharpness, I like them.
They feel like solid, stiff blades with a proper edge.

I usually do a lot of shaves with a blade, this are no exception.
I am still on the first blade, did not really count but my guess is 10 shaves and still sharp.

I'll keep you posted.

I saw these and other blades on TEMU. The blades on their site do indeed have low prices but I would like to try before spending albeit little money on them.

I would not mind to send you a package, but I am afraid it would not make sense given the shipping costs from The Netherlands to your location.

Reactions: Kix
I am impressed with the quality, the sharpness and the longevity.
Quality wise, a decent packaging and individual blades neatly wrapped.
Nothing to complain here.
I got mine for around $5-$6 for 100. The price fluctuates a bit. They are sharp for me on the first couple of uses (haven't tried it since), but I see no reason it won't last at least as long as my current baseline blade, the Treet Platinum. I do like the Flydears - however I don't discern a distinguishing quality, realizing I haven't tried a lot of different brands.

The Flydears are a little inconvenient to buy as to get the $6 price you have to buy from a Chinese website and wait for it to arrive. Given the similar pricepoint of Dorco ST-300s, Treet Platinums, and Big Bens, there are quicker in hands alternatives for USA buyers.

I would not mind to send you a package, but I am afraid it would not make sense given the shipping costs from The Netherlands to your location.
Thank you for those nice thoughts. I was hoping that Razor Blade Club will carry these so that I can buy 2-3 blades to try first. I would hate to buy 100 even at a very low price and not like them. I am trying to figure out what to do with the 4 remaining Gillette Super Blue blades I have!

I had my first shave with one of these and I'm impressed as well. I put it in a one of the little $3 Temu butterfly razors that come in a blue box. The razor is pretty aggressive. The shave was very close, but a bit rough. When I say rough, I'm talking about it being too sharp for the razor it is used in. I think putting it in a milder Weishi butterfly would improve it. I'd rate it up there with Astra SP or so, but sharper. I don't want to say BIC sharp yet. I'll be ordering more, as I will use them to hit the $15 minimum for free shipping on Temu.

I had my first shave with one of these and I'm impressed as well. I put it in a one of the little $3 Temu butterfly razors that come in a blue box. The razor is pretty aggressive. The shave was very close, but a bit rough. When I say rough, I'm talking about it being too sharp for the razor it is used in. I think putting it in a milder Weishi butterfly would improve it. I'd rate it up there with Astra SP or so, but sharper. I don't want to say BIC sharp yet. I'll be ordering more, as I will use them to hit the $15 minimum for free shipping on Temu.
Assuming you're in the USA, a seller has them listed on Amazon with a full case (1000 blades) for $29.99. That's a lot of shaving if one can commit to these.

Assuming you're in the USA, a seller has them listed on Amazon with a full case (1000 blades) for $29.99. That's a lot of shaving if one can commit to these.
I'm not seeing them on Amazon by the 1000 pack. I think I want to get one. I just tried a Flydear in a Weishi butterfly and it was very nice. Up there with GSB, BIC and Nacet as one of my favorites.
I found your post with link. Amazon.com - https://www.amazon.com/Gisafai-Double-Safety-Stainless-Platinum/dp/B0CHFCP1V5 $26.99 now with 1 day free delivery to my house. I bought 2,000 for $57.22 including tax delivered.

Last edited:
Top Bottom