What's new

End Of Watch.

Thank you to the fine officers who did what they could.
And thank you guys for keeping this topic front and center.

Last edited by a moderator:
DV.JPG

Officer Daniel Vasquez, North Kansas City Missouri Police Department, EOW 7/19/2022
Senselessly murdered during a routine traffic stop.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Officer Steve Nothem Carrollton, Texas PD. Killed in the line of duty 10-18-22. Hit by another car at a DWI investigation stop.

Carrollton police say Nothem leaves behind a wife a 13-year-old son, twin 6-year-old sons and a 1-year-old daughter. He joined the Carrollton police force in March 2020.

Before coming to Carrollton Nothem served in Grand Chute, Wisconsin.

Prior to his career in law enforcement, Nothem served many years in the U.S. Marines.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Officer Steve Nothem Carrollton, Texas PD. Killed in the line of duty 10-18-22. Hit by another car at a DWI investigation stop.

Carrollton police say Nothem leaves behind a wife a 13-year-old son, twin 6-year-old sons and a 1-year-old daughter. He joined the Carrollton police force in March 2020.

Before coming to Carrollton Nothem served in Grand Chute, Wisconsin.

Prior to his career in law enforcement, Nothem served many years in the U.S. Marines.
This is a hard one to read. Ugh.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
After 36 or so years in this job every single one of these is hard to read.
I have shed many tears these last few years and worn out my thin blue line rosary.
It wasn’t like this when I started and I hope it’s no longer this way when I retire.
I started as a snot nosed little wet behind the ears kid at 21.
My second day on patrol I had my 1st pursuit. Pickup with a camper, 5:30 Christmas morning, traffic stop for defective taillight. (I know but I was going to give a warning because was Christmas.). 1,042lbs of Marihuana.
New Year’s morning a few days later was a murder and attempted murder at a gang fight. I was the only officer available. 1 guy took his last breath in my arms.
14th day was 2 murders and a suicide. Husband killed his wife, kid, and then himself cuz she wanted a divorce. I found an apartment door open while checking parking lots for burglaries and they were inside.

I grew up really fast!

Thanks for letting me yap. It helps sometimes

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
After 36 or so years in this job every single one of these is hard to read.
I have shed many tears these last few years and worn out my thin blue line rosary.
It wasn’t like this when I started and I hope it’s no longer this way when I retire.
I started as a snot nosed little wet behind the ears kid at 21.
My second day on patrol I had my 1st pursuit. Pickup with a camper, 5:30 Christmas morning, traffic stop for defective taillight. (I know but I was going to give a warning because was Christmas.). 1,042lbs of Marihuana.
New Year’s morning a few days later was a murder and attempted murder at a gang fight. I was the only officer available. 1 guy took his last breath in my arms.
14th day was 2 murders and a suicide. Husband killed his wife, kid, and then himself cuz she wanted a divorce. I found an apartment door open while checking parking lots for burglaries and they were inside.

I grew up really fast!

Thanks for letting me yap. It helps sometimes
So sorry my friend. My job was easier because death is supposed to be a part of nursing.

But it never got easy, if you get my drift.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Officer Brandon Paul Tsai, 32 EOW 11-14-22

GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas (KWTX) - The Grand Prairie Police Department is mourning the loss of one of its own who died in the line of duty Monday evening.

Officer Brandon Paul Tsai, 32, was killed after he was involved in a traffic collision around 10:45 p.m. Nov. 14 while attempting to stop a vehicle with a fictitious paper license plate near the intersection of SW 3rd and Pioneer Parkway.

During the pursuit, Officer Tsai lost control of his squad car, causing it to strike a light pole.

Officer Tsai was transported by Grand Prairie Fire Department Medics to Methodist Dallas Medical Center where he succumbed to his injuries.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
RIP Agent Gonzalez.

1671406066245.png

RAUL HUMBERTO GONZALEZ, JR.​

Border Patrol Agent Raul Gonzalez passed away from injuries sustained in an ATV accident while pursuing subjects illegally crossing the border near Mission at 1:00 am.

Agent Gonzalez was traveling at high speed when he crashed. He was transported to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.

Agent Gonzalez had served with the United States Department of Homeland Security - Customs and Border Protection - United States Border Patrol for over ten years and was assigned to the Rio Grande Valley Sector McAllen Station. He is survived by his son, daughter, father, brother, grandmother, girlfriend, aunts, and uncles.

BIO​

• Age 38
  • Tour 10 years
  • Badge Not available

INCIDENT DETAILS​

• Cause Automobile crash
  • Location Texas
Illegal Alien, Pursuit

(DeKalb County, IN)- The Indiana State Police is mourning the loss of one of its own this evening as a result of a vehicle crash incident which occurred this afternoon on Interstate 69 south of Auburn. The crash claimed the life of Master Trooper James R. Bailey, 50, of Auburn, IN, who served with the Indiana State Police for more than fifteen years.

The preliminary investigation by the Indiana State Police indicates that at approximately 4:30p.m. this afternoon, Trooper Bailey was assisting other troopers on I-69 with traffic backup as a result of weather related vehicle crashes near the 326 mile marker south of Auburn.

At that time, Trooper Bailey became aware of an individual driving at a high rate of speed evading an officer from the Fort Wayne Police Department on I-69 approaching his location. Trooper Bailey attempted to de-escalate that vehicle pursuit by deploying stop sticks. Trooper Bailey was struck by the suspect vehicle and critically injured. Emergency medical care was rendered at the scene and he was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries.

Trooper Bailey is survived by his wife, son, and daughter. Family notifications have been made.

“This is a tremendously sad day for the entire Indiana State Police family. We will band together as we always do in support of Trooper Bailey's family, friends and co-workers”, said Indiana State Police Superintendent Douglas G. Carter.

The suspect driver involved in this incident, Terry Dewaine Sands II, 42, of Marion, IN, was taken into custody and has been incarcerated in the DeKalb County Jail on a preliminary charge of Resisting Law Enforcement Causing Death to Law Enforcement Officer, a Level 2 Felony.

This is still an ongoing investigation. All findings will be turned over to the DeKalb County Prosecutor for review and determination of any further charges that may be filed.
7B3262EB-57E9-4DDF-B9EE-69D5B6979EAE.jpeg

Top Bottom