What's new

Enameled cast iron Casserole

Huh... Well, that was interesting to watch! Oddly it's totally different to the recipe I use from one of her books

$vindaloo.jpg

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I see what you mean. Guess I will have to try both then. I have made a few by marinating the meat and it has always been the best.
Maybe there is the third option of using her book recipe and adding the marinating of the meat.
I will have to have a closer look but fenugreek was in one but not the other.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
No worries Aaron I have this one covered, Lamb Korma will be first up for the pot. The pot is with the courier and I should have it tomorrow. will line up the curry for the day after.

I looked up Lamb Korma. This looks perfect and the process is not that different from making beef stew other than the spices etc.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I looked up Lamb Korma. This looks perfect and the process is not that different from making beef stew other than the spices etc.
Just think of it as a spicy stew. The Korma goes well with rice and a Roti bread.

This is the one I will be making. It is out of my book "The Essential Asian Cookbook"
It overs Countries like Malaysia, Japan, India, Thailand etc. I have only cooked a few things from it, so need to put it to better use.

$Lamb Lorma.jpg$Lamb Korma part 2.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Just think of it as a spicy stew. The Korma goes well with rice and a Roti bread.

This is the one I will be making. It is out of my book "The Essential Asian Cookbook"
It overs Countries like Malaysia, Japan, India, Thailand etc. I have only cooked a few things from it, so need to put it to better use.

Will that reduce down to more of a thick paste or will it remain more like a gravy?

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Will that reduce down to more of a thick paste or will it remain more like a gravy?
I have not made it from this recipe but there should be a gravy. I am picking the sauce will come together with the lid on, water if needed to get the amount of sauce to your taste.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
It's here..........Fit and finish is good. Sorry but my photo does not show the darker to lighter shading of its colour.
The inside is more of a cream colour.

$20140917_131910.jpg

$20140917_131934(0).jpg

cleanshaved

I’m stumped

View attachment 496569View attachment 496570

OK I made the Lamb Korma tonight.
Just a couple of small tweaks to the above recipe, I ground the paste in a mortar & pestle so I was not too smooth.
Marinated to lamb for about one and a half hour. I did not aim for dry when adding the yoghurt and used about a cup of yoghurt not the half listed. It looked like it needed it. Lid on and simmered for ??? guess it was one or one & half hours. I did not watch the clock here.
At half a hour the meat needed more time and the flavours had not come as one in the sauce yet. No water was needed at all.
Only problem is I forgot to get some Roti Bread

$20140918_185850.jpg

$20140918_191927.jpg

Last edited:
After doing extensive research and reading countless online reviews, my wife purchased a 6.5 quart porcelain enamel cast iron dutch oven from Tramontina many years ago. She uses it at least (and often more than) once a week and it has withstood the test of time and proven to be an excellent piece of cookware. I cannot recall what she paid for it at the time, but it was less than a comparable Le Creuset. I believe the particular model that we have has now been discontinued and replaced with a newer model, so I cannot speak to the quality of the new model. I'm pretty sure that Amazon carries Tramontina products.

Top Bottom