What's new

Eclipse Red Ring on the bay

How mad would I be if I waited months and months to buy an Eclipse for $600 only to find it shaved like a Tech:angry:

How mad would I be if I waited months and months to buy an Eclipse for $600 only to find it shaved like a Tech:angry:

Have you got that one? Well Fat Tech is better shaver than Eclipse, ime. You can call this ymmv but it is the fact. But I like design of Eclipse and engineering of its comb.

Last edited:
Wait a minute! Isn't the Eclipse an adjustable razor. Doesn't it have an arrow and doesn't the knob have lines? Do all Eclipse razor have that feature, or just some models?

Dang, I almost talked myself out of a Red Ring

Mine has an arrow and notches in the knob.

The original ads say it's adjustable.

I think fully closed mine shave aggressive enough that I wouldn't consider loosing the knob.

Perhaps with older, thicker, carbon blades this was a useful feature. Gillette's early instructions say the same thing, that for a more aggressive shave you ca loosen the razor.

I like my Eclipse. I'm not a collector. I would have never had a chance in that listing.

I'm going to pick up a bag of rare earth magnets that look the right size to mod all my razors. Any one of them that has a space in the bottom knob is going to get a magnet like the Eclipse. CCB puts them in some of his knobs too.

You can't imagine how handy that is to have a magnet in the base of your razor handle. I love it.

Top Bottom