What's new

Grizzly Bay brushes - LET'S SEE THEM!

Back in early December of 2023 I reached out to John Williams, the owner of Grizzly Bay. I discussed a handle design, the triple bands on the ferrule and colors (transparent red with gold flake) with John and left the rest to him. After a mere 48 hours, John contacted me with a photo and had the finished product completed. I was extremely impressed and happy with what John had produced for me. Upon its arrival and opening the box, I was astonished by the gorgeous reds and golds and just how well the two colors mixed together. I had previously purchased a G5C knot which was waiting to be installed and had that done within the next couple of days. Seeing as all of John's handles are named on his site, I gave this one the name of "Le Feu D'or," which translates to The Golden Fire, which I feel is quite fitting looking at the colors. The gold flakes sure pop in the light, and outside under the sun, it is absolute FIRE! If anyone is ever in the market for a custom shave handle, I would highly recommend John as his communication is excellent and his workmanship is even better.

FullSizeRender 31.jpg

IMG_4184.jpg

Last edited:
That’s a great-looking brush. I’ve always liked the look of a lot of their resins but not a fan of their standard handle shape, that one is much more to my liking. Good to know that they’ll do one-offs…

That’s a great-looking brush. I’ve always liked the look of a lot of their resins but not a fan of their standard handle shape, that one is much more to my liking. Good to know that they’ll do one-offs…

He definitely does. I mentioned a few things I preferred and wanted, height, knot size and it was easy.

Top Bottom