What's new

Ebay purchase from China

Greetings to all from Montana, I just received a badger brush which I purchased on Ebay for ten bucks including shipping (from China). I am very shocked, its beautiful and is worth at least $50 bucks retail. I won't look a gift horse in the mouth. Great deal, great brush. I am new to B&B really enjoy reading all of the posts and thanks for the advice I got, it has helped a lot. I'm a 69 year old dude who has used an electric razor for the last 45 years, after 3 months of Double Edge shaving (Jager razor) my lady has told me my face looks much younger and smoother. A friend just home from Scotland gifted me two tubes of Ingrams shave cream in blue label box, great stuff and price on box comes out to $2.50 US. I never knew shaving could be so much fun. Cheers, Michael in Montana

Classic Resin Handle Finest Badger Hair Shaving Brush

Description:
Hair Grade : Finest Badger
Handle: Resin

Dimensions:
Brush:
Total Hight: 103mm
Handle Hight:52.5mm
Diameter of Handle Base: 36.5mm
Size of Hair knot: 20mm
Hair Loft :50.5mm
Net Weight: 62g

Payment:

THIS is the BRUSH

Welcome to B&B

A couple of years ago I bought an eBay brush from China. Nice brush. Not spectacular but nice. I should use it more often

If you have not already done so, stop into the Hall of Fame and tell everyone a little about yourself

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forumdisplay.php/30-Hall-of-Fame

proxy.php

Im surethe bush will last. I have 4 brushes and my favorites are 2 pure badgers from parker.They cost @25. Over a yearand no issues at all.

My nicest brush is the Frank Shaving Pure Badger I bought on the 'bay from China for $10. Here it is posing with my Cadet.

$Cadet1_zps8beec4b9.jpg

A belated welcome and enjoy your brush! btw-Akitas are marvelous. I had a female years ago. She was surely a dog for all seasons and the best security when I used to go out onto the streets of Manhattan. Enjoy!

ChiefBroom

No tattoo mistakes!
Congrats on your discovery of DE shaving and your happy brush purchase.

Welcome to B&B and the Shaving Brushes Forum. Great to have you here with us!

Greetings to all from Montana, I just received a badger brush which I purchased on Ebay for ten bucks including shipping (from China). I am very shocked, its beautiful and is worth at least $50 bucks retail. I won't look a gift horse in the mouth. Great deal, great brush. I am new to B&B really enjoy reading all of the posts and thanks for the advice I got, it has helped a lot. I'm a 69 year old dude who has used an electric razor for the last 45 years, after 3 months of Double Edge shaving (Jager razor) my lady has told me my face looks much younger and smoother. A friend just home from Scotland gifted me two tubes of Ingrams shave cream in blue label box, great stuff and price on box comes out to $2.50 US. I never knew shaving could be so much fun. Cheers, Michael in Montana

There are a couple threads on these cheaper Chinese brushes. I wonder if you got one of these:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...handle-brush-on-ebay-but-it-had-a-funny-label

I lucked out and got a great one. Apparently not everyone has been as lucky. It isn't my best brush, but is a very nice badger brush, IMO.

nothing wrong with my ebay brushes. I have/had simpson, vulfix, m&f and tons of other brushes that have come and gone. people often stereotype cheap ebay brushes as floppy,lose, etc. but i have a high mountain white from ebay that is denser than my simpson classic 1, just as scrubby, soft, and has a good weight to it.

Hello and welcome to B&B, Michael. This is a great forum full of friendly, helpful shavers. You'll learn a lot here.

Glad to hear that you got such a great score on your brush. Congrats.

well i laid out some money for a vulfix brush from italianbarber.com not long ago and there is a huge glue hairball in the center of the brush making a huge "bald spot" as it started to spread after a few weeks of use plus its lopsided. vendor won't exchange it so ya maybe I should have bought from china

I bought one of those high mountain white brushes. At the price, it's worth a shot, even if it's not very good. You guys are bad influences.

Am slightly concerned that it might be panda, but will roll with it...

Top Bottom