What's new

do you ending up buy more stuff then you need?

i havent even started with this DE shaving yet but have more than enough items being mailed to me as we speak.
should have everything within a few weeks (that lijun china brush should take the longest to arrive).

I was pretty well set from being on the German forums (only 4-5 Razors, 3 brushes and a different cream/soap for every day of the month - totally reasonable, right?). Now I joined B&B and that opened up a whole new dimension, especially concerning shaving brushes. I have RV, M&F and FS as well as VieLong coming my way.

On the consumables: the grass is always greener on the other side. I think: WOW look at all that amazing stuff they have in the US (AOS; Mike's, Thayers, C&E, QCS...) while you guys envy all the great products I can easily get here (Speick, Arko, Palmolive, Calani, Tabac...). I had the exact same AD predicament concerning pipe tobacco from the US and EU.

Don't even get me started on "well I'll just sell what I don't need." All my "will sell / ebay stuffs" is about 2 moving boxes full.

Do I keep buying more? Well hell yes!

in my first 2 weeks of wet shaving i bought product for about 5-6 years. so no. i needed more! What if i run out... so i keep buing and buing and...a year in i'm getting closer.

Last edited:
No. I'm so over having too much stuff to use.

I went a little crazy with AD's when I started and have been paying the price since. Got my razors down to 2 - My grandfather's Milord and a R89. Been working on my cream / soaps - 1 tube of KMF, few shaves on an Arko stick, 1/4 tube of Proraso, and a 3/4 full tub of TOBS. I cannot wait to get down to 1 cream / 1 soap and will not acquire anything till it is just my tub of TOBS. I have a boar and a badger and a few of my favorite blades.

I think at the peak I had 6 razors, 8 creams/soaps, and 20 different kinds of blades. Feels good.

When starting, the natural impulse is to want to try a lot of stuff. I think this is to be expected. You need to figure out what blade works for etc. The problem is that there is simply too much stuff to try!

There is also an illusion that your shave will get better and better...if you just had x product.

Out with the old in with the new. I try not to buy anything until I unload items on BST. I can't stand having a lot of stuff.

I still maintain that I'm learning what works best for me, and at the point when I figure that out, I'll shed everything I don't need. 8 razors, 4 brushes, ~15 soaps/creams, 3 aftershaves right now.

It all started innocuously for me trying to get over the irritating routine that was cartridge shaving. Few months in, now I have:

3 DE razors plus 13 vintage gillettes en route
1 tweezerman shaving brush plus two finest & silvertip badger shaving brushes en route
5 shaving creams and 1 shaving soap
4 aftershaves
10+ types of blade packs

I am feeling bad already. Time to control my ADs...

Happens all the time. I think once you find out what works for you, it might subside. I can say that I have found a brand of blades that work well for me in my razors, and I only have one brush ( a restored Rubberset). Trouble is, once you find something that does work for you, you may start to stock-pile it.:biggrin1:

Top Bottom