What's new

2023. What did you add to your shaving arsenal?

Hello all,

Let's share our shaving disorder together. 😂 What did you add in your shaving arsenal this year?

Personally I spent most of the year in a simple set up and used the items I had already bought. I keep a box and a bag with this stuff that could keep me in the race for at least 4-5 years.

At the end of this year I bought a Karve Overlander, 80 De bic razors and I am waiting for another 100 Chinese De blades. I wanted to buy other things also (an Ac razor, a Mühle brush, some As) but I let it go. I think I spent 150 usd (including shipping and custom fees) in total.

What were your new items for this year?

Happy New Year to all!

Too much:

• Lupo 0.95
  • Henson ++ (sold)
  • Shield Titanium AC2
  • Tatara Nodachi
  • Gillette NEW
  • Gillette EFBT
  • Gillette Spiral Tech
  • Gold Fatip Grande
I also bought a couple of razors towards the end of 2022, but they don't count!

• About 10 different shavettes of various kinds.
  • About 10 boar brushes (not all broken in - some are backups)
  • I laid down about 5 pucks of CRS tallow to go with my MWF tallow stash I perspicaciously created in 2022
  • About 4 different creams
  • About 4 different AS splashes
  • Around 600 blades of various sorts (but I get through these quickly as a one-and-done guy)

And this, gentlemen, is why I am in the 2024 restraint! :eek2:

I just switched to traditional wet shaving in early November.

I bought:
Supply SE (Will be selling)
Merkur 34C (Will be selling)
Rockwell 6C (Will probably sell)
Yates Winning (I'm hoping this will be my keeper)
Proraso pre-shave cream.
Prorarso shave cream.
Perfecto brush.
Alum block.

Fortunately, I won two PIF's.
One included two vintage shave soaps, a bowl, and various DE blades to try.
The other PIF was various DE blades to try.

I hope 2024 will be way easier on my wallet.

Everything, it was my first year in the hobby. Now I’ve entered 2024 GRUYERE

- Merkur Progress
- Henson +/++
- Gillette Tech
- Gillette SuperSpeed
- Leaf Twig (on the way)

- 3 brushes
- 30 soaps/creams (or more)
- 500 blades
- 2 shaving bowls
- 10 aftershaves
- 5 preshaves

I’ll try all my stuff during this year of restraint. I hope it’s enough time

Way too much! I think I doubled my collection size and that was only since June. I didn’t want to buy extra soaps and somehow managed to end up with more than I started with. The only thing I am successful at is not buying extra blades…but that could be because I have about 30-40 years worth of stock! :lol:

I just started on this, so everything is accurate for me as well, though technically speaking I bought none of it, everything was either a gift from my wife or winning a generous PIF or two on here, that said I am going to be going through all the samples I have and picking out a few to get full size of and add aftershaves to in 2024, and figure out which blades I like and start stocking up there, but I am going to try to avoid buying more razors at least (I have a Vikings Blade Emperor, a Long Comb New, a Tech and a Superspeed) though my wife loves to hit up antique stores and thrift stores, and has been told to snatch up any vintage DE razors she finds at a reasonable price so I might fail there too

Way too much! I think I doubled my collection size and that was only since June. I didn’t want to buy extra soaps and somehow managed to end up with more than I started with. The only thing I am successful at is not buying extra blades…but that could be because I have about 30-40 years worth of stock! :lol:
Hmm, I think we need to see numbers!! 🤣

I don't think your statement would pass audit 🤣

Top Bottom