What's new

Diamond Lapping film

One more would be ok. I got the films yesterday but they shorted me two of the 6X6 films. I talked to them this morning and they will be calling me today.

Richard

Ok! Talked to Thorlabs this morning. New package going out today and I got a conformation that the films will be here next week on 3/18. So another week and one day because I will have them in the mail the day after, if at all possible.

Take Care,
Richard

Good to hear, Richard! You're the man for doing this. I'm certain we could have no better representative in this venture:thumbup1:

Welcome and I will be glad to include you if you live in the US. Thorlabs was very concise about not selling or transporting to anyone outside the US border. I told them that I would not.

Take Care,
Richard

Richard, do you need any more buyers? I have a bunch of Japanese razors that I want to hone before offering for sale. I figure a new set of film could come in handy.

Welcome and I will be glad to include you if you live in the US. Thorlabs was very concise about not selling or transporting to anyone outside the US border. I told them that I would not.

Take Care,
Richard

I am in CT. Last I checked we are still a State.

YAY!!! Got my stuff today. Thanks again Richard, you are a true gentleman for doing this. When I suggested the group buy I never expected anyone to step up the way you did. Outstanding, sir! I'll let you know my results.

Hey,

Can anyone fill me in on what the bog white sheets that came with our orders are? I have the 6, 3, and 1 micron sheets, and am going to cut them in half to make two honing sheets each, but still...what are those white sheets for?

Hey,

Can anyone fill me in on what the bog white sheets that came with our orders are? I have the 6, 3, and 1 micron sheets, and am going to cut them in half to make two honing sheets each, but still...what are those white sheets for?

The white ones are the 0.5 micron Aluminum Oxide. I just finished my razor, and that white one made my bevel absolutely mirror smooth! I have a new definition of sharp! All the loose hairs in my bathroom are running in fear of this thing! They get close to that edge and *PING!* they fall in two! Thanks again Richard.

I to am wondering about the Al Oxide (white sheets) but I am wondering about using them with a honing stroke or a stropping stroke? I had a stainless that was giving me problems but these films seemed to do the trick. Very sharp.

Here is the link for the material that I sent. I put the numbers on all the sheets except the Aluminum Oxide sheets so that you guys could see what they were including the color.

http://www.thorlabs.com/NewGroupPage9.cfm?ObjectGroup_ID=1350

Thanks,
Richard

Top Bottom