What's new

Decanting Aftershaves Into Glass Spray Bottles

Does anyone else do this?

Recently, I've started taking two of my favorite aftershaves - Lucky Tiger and 100% Pure Jojoba Oil - and pouring them into little, 2oz. glass spray bottles. I started with the Jojoba Oil initially because I was trying to find a less wasteful and messy way to apply the oil. The spray bottle was perfect!

I moved on to the Lucky Tiger and getting amazing results with that too. This way, I use a fraction of the product that I normally would have, when I splashed it on my face. With spraying, I still get plenty of coverage and I can either leave it to sit, rub it in with my fingers, or use a cotton ball.

Thinking about trying this with some Osage, AV, or Skin Bracer next. :laugh:

$9125-2.jpg

Last edited:
Try using the search function, a lot of people have decanted from plastic into several types of glass bottles. You might be the first one to use spray bottles though.

Try using the search function, a lot of people have decanted from plastic into several types of glass bottles. You might be the first one to use spray bottles though.

I did actually, but the search function isn't really that accurate. I'll basically get a myriad of posts, ranging from all sorts of subjects.
I couldn't find any previous threads related to spray bottles though. Plenty on basic glass bottles, but not what I was looking for.

I was getting a haircut a few months ago and noticed my barber was using a small plastic spray bottle to apply some Osage to the scalp after a hot towel and prior to massage. It was fantastic. He said it was much easier to apply it all over versus putting in your hands and applying. I picked up a small plastic sprayer as well and use it with my Osage. Works great. I have not tried it with anything else yet. Glass would be better!

I did actually, but the search function isn't really that accurate. I'll basically get a myriad of posts, ranging from all sorts of subjects.
I couldn't find any previous threads related to spray bottles though. Plenty on basic glass bottles, but not what I was looking for.

Fair enough and I agree with you about the search function on here. It also doesn't help to place your search within quotation marks like we can with Google and a host of others.

Try searching this way: Use Google and add "site:badgerandblade.com" (without the quotes) after your keywords. This will allow you to search B&B using the full power of Google's search algorithm.

--Bob

I've been transferring my aftershave into the igo travel spray bottles that you can pick up at the local walmart for over a year now and love it. I've gotten others here doing it as well. It's just so much easier to get the right amount and the bottles take up less space and are all the same size. I'd recommend it.

Spray bottles have been discussed here, but not very often. I've tried samples of aftershave in travel spray bottles. I'm not really a fan. I prefer to pour it into my hand. It takes too many sprays to get the amount I want.

Try searching this way: Use Google and add "site:badgerandblade.com" (without the quotes) after your keywords. This will allow you to search B&B using the full power of Google's search algorithm.--Bob

WOW, thanks for the tip, easy peasy.

I got the cobalt one from Amazon. It has a nice wide spray pattern for aftershave. It is listed as "1 oz Cobalt Blue Boston Round Glass Bottle with Fine Mist sprayer 6/box." The others, except for the Golddachs one, are all 10ml spray bottles that I got off of ebay from lynnsy123. They are plastic and also have a nice wide spray pattern that is just right. The Golddachs one is 10ml and is glass. It has a more narrow spray pattern than all the others. Better suited to EDT application than aftershave.

$image.jpg

Great collection of spray bottles!

I don't think I'll be putting all my aftershaves into spray bottles, but a few that I have really lend themselves to that delivery method. Sometimes I don't feel like getting menthol all over my hands, but still want some on my face. That's when I'll reach for the spray bottle of Osage and a cotton ball.

I got my glass bottles from a local bath and soap store in town. They have a lot off little bottles and spritzers to choose from. Mostly good quality and relatively cheap.

I actually just started doing this. I just googled it to see if I was crazy. I've done mostly inexpensive drugstore scents a a .5 ounce sample of Jovan White Musk.

Top Bottom