What's new

cvargo's Shaving Journal

Catching up - I wish they picked the 'Green' Soap Commander soap now after reading your description of how the scent smells to you.

Grab an old teacup or ramekin and melt down one of those MB soaps and see if it works better for you.

Keep up the journal Chad - good reads for sure.

Sent via Tapatalk from phone

Catching up - I wish they picked the 'Green' Soap Commander soap now after reading your description of how the scent smells to you.

Grab an old teacup or ramekin and melt down one of those MB soaps and see if it works better for you.

Keep up the journal Chad - good reads for sure.

Sent via Tapatalk from phone
Thank you sir! I wish green won as well. The winner for spring is definitely a good scent but in my opinion the green is better. From what I've heard we will see green just a matter of when.

As far as the MB I can't decide to do that or just pif them. I know I'll buy more eventually. I've really enjoyed doing the journal can't beleive it took this long to start one! Even though I'm not a 100% straight razor shaver I really enjoy learning and reading all the regulars journals. I feel like I have gotten to know a lot of you better. Been a great experience

Today's random number generator selected Soap Commander Refreshment

Razor: Razorock bamboozled slab
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Soap/cream: Soap Commander Refreshment
Brush: B&B Boar
Aftershave1: Thayer's witch hazel lemon
Aftershave2: Brut

The rain has been non stop all week! This is very uncommon for the mountainous desert. But we really need the water. I'm hoping to be able to mow the lawn this weekend because currently it is out of control!

I haven't used Soap Commander Refreshment since last summer, it is a very nice scent that doesn't linger. It does remind me of a glass of Iced Tea with a lemon. As usual I had a great shave with Soap Commander.

Have a good day gents!

proxy.php

Very nice pics Chad. I haven't tried any Soap Commander, but it's hopping onto my wish list! The description of 'green' sounds amazing! My favorite scent in the world is spring rain and fresh cut grass!

Very nice pics Chad. I haven't tried any Soap Commander, but it's hopping onto my wish list! The description of 'green' sounds amazing! My favorite scent in the world is spring rain and fresh cut grass!
You won't be disappointed in soap commander. In my opinion one of the best non tallow soaps. So until soap commander releases the green you should try St Charles Shave fairway. I have a sample and it is very close.

You won't be disappointed in soap commander. In my opinion one of the best non tallow soaps. So until soap commander releases the green you should try St Charles Shave fairway. I have a sample and it is very close.

SC Green is similar to SCS Fairway? Hmmm. Fairway is kind of addictive!

Today's random number generator selected TOBS Luxury.

Blade: Astra SP (3)
Soap/cream: TOBS Luxury
Brush: Rudy Vey 2016 group buy 2-band
Aftershave2: Aqua Velva Musk

I love TOBS and currently this is the only tub in my den. I have 3017ed I think three other tubs of TOBS different scents.

I don't use creams that often but TOBS will always be in my den. I have seen some posts about people having trouble lathering TOBS, so here are some pics to show how great it can lather.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Today's random number generator selected TOBS Luxury.

Blade: Astra SP (3)
Soap/cream: TOBS Luxury
Brush: Rudy Vey 2016 group buy 2-band
Aftershave2: Aqua Velva Musk

I love TOBS and currently this is the only tub in my den. I have 3017ed I think three other tubs of TOBS different scents.

I don't use creams that often but TOBS will always be in my den. I have seen some posts about people having trouble lathering TOBS, so here are some pics to show how great it can lather.

3 things:
1 - Great pics and wonderful lather!
2 - St. James is my new favorite TOBS
3 - In that bottle, the AV looks like a bottle of crush soda

3 things:
1 - Great pics and wonderful lather!
2 - St. James is my new favorite TOBS
3 - In that bottle, the AV looks like a bottle of crush soda

Thank you.

I have had an orange soda in a long time. Although I do prefer fanta over crush. Probably from my travels to Mexico.

Top Bottom