What's new

Croma Diamant

The blade performed better than yesterday today and is still sharp whilst having smoothed out a lot. It is not a tip-top shave but it is certainly respectable and is comfortable in execution. No skin roughness after today's shave. After three shaves I prefer this blade to a German Wilkinson. Let's see how it goes tomorrow.

Actually scratch the above post - all the whiskers are coming back! So for me this blade lasts 2.5 shaves, which I think is rather poor.

I am resuming dealing and writing here about Croma Diamant blade which as you can read in the old posts is produced in Feintechnik industries in Germany.

It is no longer found very easily so my following question whether it is still in production?
Unfortunately, I have not found any useful information.
I also cannot figure out what blades are currently in production in Feintechnik industries.

Brief personal evaluations of the razor blade.
Simple blade is a stainless.

Croma-diamantStainless.jpg

More than decent depth of cut, smoothness of the blade and especially the total smoothness of this blade on the skin.
It has a medium sharpness but at the same time really gentle,it has a definite depth of cut.

On an Italian forum a user wrote that as a feeling he finds it halfway between an Astra SP and an Astra SS, I wouldn't know because I haven't tried Astra SS for a long time but the Astra SP is definitely sharper and more aggressive.
I have been using this blade for many years, I still have leftover blades from an old purchase of two hundred pieces in the blue color pack.
There is also a red color package there are five blades and in the large carton one hundred pieces.

It is the only blade that with any razor I have tried it has never left me with irritation, redness or red dots on my face.
I would recommend it to everyone, especially because of the smoothness of the blade to those with sensitive skin.
Little to say about the rest simple wrapping, blue cardboard package,really minimal packangin.
If interested in the coming days I will post more photos.

I was reading an older post above an experienced user who wrote about comparisons of this blade with the old Elios and Bolzano produced in Germany in the same factories.
Unfortunately, the German Elios and Bolzano I tried many, many years ago and cannot make comparisons.

Of German productions there was a blade called "Morris Inox Stainless" ,now discontinued, for me it was clearly superior to Croma Diamant.
I will try to see if I can find Morris Inox and Croma Diamant again.

Last edited:
Fake news!
Croma Diamant blades can still be found on sale on European Amazon although at a somewhat high price, about 22€ the 200-blade pack.

I understand it's been many years and prices are constantly rising.
In 2014 I paid for the case of the two hundred blades about 11€, half as much.
Now from what I understand from reading a bit in the forums this Harry's Blades should be the former Feintechnik.

Of the blades produced in Eisfeld I have always liked all of them including the earlier productions of Elios and Bolzano.
They also produced a blade called "Lamix Platinum Plus" equally pleasing to me, the German version because in later years this blade was apparently produced by the Derby company in Turkey.

They produced many well-known blades in Feintechnik factoriesk: Bolzano,Elios,Morris Inox,Softi Platinum these are definitely no longer produced.
It makes me wonder if the Croma Diamant continue to produce them,I hope they are not discontinued as well.
I'll stock up on Croma Diamant ...may the new Chinese,Indians and Pakistanis come along and produce new blades.
In my cabinet a Croma Diamant razor blade will never have to be missing.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. These blades were always good for me — not my favorite but ones I'd buy again. They were one of the blades that reliably improved from the first to second shave for me, every single blade.

I haven't seen them in a while and was wondering about them.

In Italy on Amazon I saw that the RBC seller sells them however on their site razorbladesclub I haven't seen them for a long time,that's why I thought they were now discontinued.

Croma Diamant.png

Years ago I used to find them easily even in some detergent and household stores, now for a while already they don't have them anymore.

I am resuming dealing and writing here about Croma Diamant blade which as you can read in the old posts is produced in Feintechnik industries in Germany.

It is no longer found very easily so my following question whether it is still in production?
Unfortunately, I have not found any useful information.
I also cannot figure out what blades are currently in production in Feintechnik industries.

Brief personal evaluations of the razor blade.
Simple blade is a stainless.

View attachment 1819904

More than decent depth of cut, smoothness of the blade and especially the total smoothness of this blade on the skin.
It has a medium sharpness but at the same time really gentle,it has a definite depth of cut.

On an Italian forum a user wrote that as a feeling he finds it halfway between an Astra SP and an Astra SS, I wouldn't know because I haven't tried Astra SS for a long time but the Astra SP is definitely sharper and more aggressive.
I have been using this blade for many years, I still have leftover blades from an old purchase of two hundred pieces in the blue color pack.
There is also a red color package there are five blades and in the large carton one hundred pieces.

It is the only blade that with any razor I have tried it has never left me with irritation, redness or red dots on my face.
I would recommend it to everyone, especially because of the smoothness of the blade to those with sensitive skin.
Little to say about the rest simple wrapping, blue cardboard package,really minimal packangin.
If interested in the coming days I will post more photos.

I was reading an older post above an experienced user who wrote about comparisons of this blade with the old Elios and Bolzano produced in Germany in the same factories.
Unfortunately, the German Elios and Bolzano I tried many, many years ago and cannot make comparisons.

Of German productions there was a blade called "Morris Inox Stainless" ,now discontinued, for me it was clearly superior to Croma Diamant.
I will try to see if I can find Morris Inox and Croma Diamant again.
The fact you can find the Croma in some stores doesn't mean they are still manufactured.
I wrote to Feintechnik and asked. They don't manufacture any DE blades any more. Here is the email correspondence.

Dear Mr. XXXXXXX,

thank you very much for your email.
We don't produce Double Edge Blades anymore.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

HARRY'S

Florian Fiebranz
Country Manager Sales

mobile: +49151 14618530

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Von: 'Ivan XXXXXX' via Info DE <[email protected]>
Date: Fr., 29. März 2024 um 16:59 Uhr
Subject: regarding Croma Diamant
To: <[email protected]>

Hello!

Can you give me information if the Croma Diamant double edge blades are
still being manufactured. I am asking specifically about the Croma
Diamant double edge branded blades and not other double edge blades
manufactured by Feintechnik. Thank You!

Kind regards,
Ivan XXXXXXXX

--

HARRY'S
Feintechnik
fax: +493686 362 200

The fact you can find the Croma in some stores doesn't mean they are still manufactured.
I have never claimed otherwise.
Simply in doubt of whether they could still be produced or no longer produced I misused the verb are produced.
Now from the response you have received we are sure they are no longer.
Thank you for your research and sharing of information.

I wrote to Feintechnik and asked. They don't manufacture any DE blades any more. Here is the email correspondence.

Dear Mr. XXXXXXX,

thank you very much for your email.
We don't produce Double Edge Blades anymore.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

HARRY'S
Florian Fiebranz
Country Manager Sales

mobile: +49151 14618530

No longer produced by Feintechnik but Croma Stabil are still being manufactured. I've been using these recently, nice blades. As with Bolzano and Elios, production moved from Germany to Egypt.
IMG_0932.jpg

These Croma Stabil I thought were out of production for years now and sold only in Germany.

@Jopo Where did you purchase them? That is where can they be purchased?

These Croma Stabil I thought were out of production for years now and sold only in Germany.

@Jopo Where did you purchase them? That is where can they be purchased?

From what I gather, they used to be sold in East Germany and other communist countries in Europe.

These were purchased in Vietnam where the Croma Stabil has a long history (also sold in Cambodia), perhaps stemming from COMECON trade links during the East German era. I think they'd be very hard to find overseas, and one must beware - it seems the Croma Stabil is widely counterfeited in Vietnam. Before buying the authentic blades, I had tried a counterfeit one. While in terms of appearance they were well done, I couldn't even complete one stroke of the razor due to the horrendous quality.

@Jopo Thank you for updating us and providing information about this Stabil Chroma blade.

New to me. The information I had been able to find was just that they were sold in East Germany and other communist countries in Europe until the first half of the 1990s and judging from the photos I thought they were no longer produced, I was not aware of this blade currently being sold in Vietnam.
If you have any more information I ask could it be that in addition to being produced in Egypt the Stabil Chroma may also be produced in Vietnam?

@Jopo Thank you for updating us and providing information about this Stabil Chroma blade.

New to me. The information I had been able to find was just that they were sold in East Germany and other communist countries in Europe until the first half of the 1990s and judging from the photos I thought they were no longer produced, I was not aware of this blade currently being sold in Vietnam.
If you have any more information I ask could it be that in addition to being produced in Egypt the Stabil Chroma may also be produced in Vietnam?

I believe you're right, European sales stopped long ago.

Here we can see trademark registrations by Feintechnik for "Croma Stabil" in Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, and Thailand in 1997/98/99. I don't think they're currently sold in Thailand though.

I don't think they were ever produced in Vietnam. Here is a video showing the Croma Stabil still being produced in Germany by Feintechnik in a 2011 episode of "How it's Made", assumedly for distribution in Vietnam and surrounding.

Then, as with Bolzano and Elios that were also formerly produced at Feintechnik, production moved to Egypt.

Top Bottom