What's new

Croma Diamant

proxy.php

I tried one of these for the first time last night. I loaded one in to my DE89 and was rewarded with one of the smoothest shaves I've had in a while. Not just smooth but close too and it dealt rather well with the tough stubble on my chin that even a Feather has a hard time dealing with. They're dirt cheap too so all in all a very pleasant surprise.

If you're in the UK you can get 100 for £7.90 delivered, same vendor does a 10 pack for £2.75 delivered

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-Croma-Diamant-Double-Edge-Safety-Razor-Blades-/300971080218

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
These are inexpensive blades. I've thought about buying a 100pk but they looked so "cheap" I passed. Glad to hear they worked well for you.

elverdiblanco,
I don't want to bum you out, but bestshave.net has these for 6.45$. The shipping is not free though.

elverdiblanco,
I don't want to bum you out, but bestshave.net has these for 6.45$. The shipping is not free though.

I did see them at bestshave.net but by the time shipping is added the cost is pennies different and buying from the bay I get PayPal protection thrown in too.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I've had good luck with them and don't consider them to be a cheap blade although mine have different packaging.

proxy.php

Almost 100 years of manufacturing blades in Eisfeld (in Thuringia), Germany.

i never found these very cheap? not uber expensive but def not really that cheap either? i found them to be in the timor/souplex family with them somewhere in between those. really not a bad blade just not as sharp as i normally would like.

I love these blades. They have given me excellent shaves in all of my razors, which are mild to medium in aggressiveness. Will soon try them in my new slant bar!

EZ

These blades come from the same factory that produces Bolzano, Elios and Merkur. I have been told that they are in fact identical to Bolzano and Elios but my own experiences tells me otherwise. Not my first choice of blade but certainly passable.

Yes, all this blades are produced by Feintechnik Eisfeld, but they all have different coatings. The company told me so.

The only razor Croma blades work with, is my RazoRock Little Bastone OC. In every other razor they are to smooth for me.

Sorry to wake up an old thread, but I have just tried one of these for the first time in a Rockwell 6c on R4 and really like it. Pleasingly sharp yet also smooth. This is of course the first shave on a new blade so we'll see how it does tomorrow. So far - great!

Today's shave did not really live up to yesterday's. It took a lot more work and my skin felt quite rough for an hour and a half afterwards. I also got a couple of weepers under the nose. Now the skin feels fine and the whisker clearance was good. We'll see how it performs tomorrow.

Top Bottom