What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

Well guys I was planning on buying a new coticule for a while and decided to send a mail to Maurice. Last time he picked out a nice 100x40 La Grise out for me but when I wanted to hone my 8/8 razor it got a bit small for me. So I wanted something bigger. I have a few bouts wich I picked up online but I wanted a big stone that would last me a lifetime.

Once again he welcomed me into his house and treated me on a lovely stone. I went with a selected 200x60 (8x2.5) stone. Again a lovely La Grise wich he picked out for me. Even the slurry stone he got me was pretty big for a slurry stone.

Here are the pics. I will give him a try today.
Nice stone Jens, now you can send me all your vintage stones so that you aren't tempted whilst learning this one. Oh, the one you swapped is now in the UK with my brother and will be winging its way to Japan in the spring!

Nice stone Jens, now you can send me all your vintage stones so that you aren't tempted whilst learning this one. Oh, the one you swapped is now in the UK with my brother and will be winging its way to Japan in the spring!

Thank you Paul. I'm pretty sure you have much more stones than me. :D. I hope your brother will have fun honing on it. Now I'm of to the hone to get my Bartmann shave ready. :D

200x50 La Grise

$IMG_7328.jpg

I see so many here showing their entire collection so I also made a picture of al my natural stones.

$IMG_0432.jpg

Up top is my newest 200x60 selected la grise. On the left is my damaged natural combo. It's 220x55 (bought this one as it is, cracked and loose from BBW together with the bout between the wooden bords). Below the damaged one is my 100x40 selected la grise. Next to it a really white one of 140x30 next to it is a toothpick coticule and a bout wich is my best finisher. And last but not least is the one I use for kitchen knives. That one is 190x40. There also is one BBW in frame but did not use that one yet.

Hi

i am sorry for the cracked stone. Maybe you can fit him with glue? if not you can cut 2 smaller stones out of it.

for my interest, where you can get this nice unice coticule? all i see in the stores are the yellow boring things

I got the cracked one and the bout from someone who was selling old barbershop items from a family member who once was a barber. So I did not buy it in a store. I think I can reglue them and fill the crack. And if not I can indeed cut it into 2 stones.

I saw Heljen post a pic of his "coticule family", so I figured I'd share mine. The two rectangular ones in the front left are vintage combos. Then there's a La Dressante bout to the back left, a La Grise natural combo back center, 3 large slurry stones back right, and another La Dressante (I think!) front right. The center one in the box is Scott's (and Gary's) old La Petite Blanche...I love each one for a different reason!

$20130222_193644.jpg

I saw Heljen post a pic of his "coticule family", so I figured I'd share mine. The two rectangular ones in the front left are vintage combos. Then there's a La Dressante bout to the back left, a La Grise natural combo back center, 3 large slurry stones back right, and another La Dressante (I think!) front right. The center one in the box is Scott's (and Gary's) old La Petite Blanche...I love each one for a different reason!

View attachment 312009

Very lovely collection indeed. A man can't have to many coticules. :D

Top Bottom