What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

I have really only played with it to touch up at this point with only light slurry and water only. Bart described it as being La Grise-like, and I cannot argue with that description. It feels a tad "crispier" than the prior La Grise I have honed on in my opinion. It definitely has a magnetic draw to it that I really enjoy, which may explain why it feels a little more crisp on the hone. It is slow on light slurry and water in my limited experience with it (which bucks the theory of red coticules being faster) but leaves a sharp, yet comfortable edge.

I have really only played with it to touch up at this point with only light slurry and water only. Bart described it as being La Grise-like, and I cannot argue with that description. It feels a tad "crispier" than the prior La Grise I have honed on in my opinion. It definitely has a magnetic draw to it that I really enjoy, which may explain why it feels a little more crisp on the hone. It is slow on light slurry and water in my limited experience with it (which bucks the theory of red coticules being faster) but leaves a sharp, yet comfortable edge.

Very nice. That stone I just sold Nick has some nice Salmon colored splotches on it, but if blindfolded would swear it is La Grise instead of La Dressante.

I love the feedback that you refer to. Sounds like that is a true winner. Congrats!

Thanks to a friend I finally have have my La Petite Blanche 200x60.

$IMG_7415.jpg

My new 50x150 La Veinette. Nick....thanks yet again. Where I come from you are what we call "Good People"

Stone is Baby butt smooth, and perfect for hand honing. THis one is gonna be a winner.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Here is my coti, a la vienette with slurry stone that arrived a few days. I'll be honing with it very soon. Should I fill in the chipped part with epoxy? Is the bottom part BBW?

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 113
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
The bottom part is BBW. Either epoxy or super glue would fill it. You could just coat it with clear finger nail polish and leave it as well, which is what I would do.

The bottom part is BBW. Either epoxy or super glue would fill it. You could just coat it with clear finger nail polish and leave it as well, which is what I would do.

~~~yeah, or leave it the way it is...it hurts nothing leaving it alone. Some might take a coarse DMT plate to that whole angle and remove it, or, do nothing...looks like it's been that way for awhile

doesn't look deep enough or far enough into the coti to create a ledge you *wouldn't* want to hone on, but if it bothers you enough to spur you into action, I think I'd just take a DMT plate and file it smooth. Worse thing that will happen is you lose a mm or so of realty there, but IMO, for what that's worth, it's not going to hurt to hone on it the way it is. others may have better and different ideas

Best,

Jake
Reddick Fla.

Top Bottom