What's new

Compliments? Dates?

Umm, Chirimoya, is that a naked woman in your avatar? :eek:

No Mama Bear, she's clothed but hard to see. I chose this avatar because it's Edvard Munch's birthday. The painting is called "The Day After." You can't see it in my avatar, but on the table is a bottle of some kind of spirit and two glasses. I thought it was a good av for here (and today) because it has kind of a languid, relaxed aura. Knowing Munch it's probably a lot more sinister than that...

No Mama Bear, she's clothed but hard to see. I chose this avatar because it's Edvard Munch's birthday. The painting is called "The Day After." You can't see it in my avatar, but on the table is a bottle of some kind of spirit and two glasses. I thought it was a good av for here (and today) because it has kind of a languid, relaxed aura. Knowing Munch it's probably a lot more sinister than that...

Well, that certainly explains the logo on Google today.... lol :biggrin:

I love a well groomed beard and think it is incredibly sexy. The difference between the beard and the shaved areas is so cool to feel on your fingers, to me anyway..... verrrrry sexy.... something about the manly beard and care taken to shave well, both at the same time.... mmmmmmm ;-)

My current girlfriend absolutely agrees with you. This works out great for me, too. Most weeks, I only shave my entire beard on either Friday or Saturday. The rest of my shaves consist of cleaning the edges of my cheeks around my beard and sideburns, as well as my neckline. My beard grows relatively fast, but by doing a complete shave once a week, my beard never grows to the point where hairs can stray. Perhaps the biggest benefit in this is that when I do shave completely, I experience absolutely no irritation, and results are outstanding.

My beard grows fast, and before I took up brush, mug, and straight (and now, most often DE's) I would look as if I needed a shave by noon.
I would get negative comments (I, like a few others here, am active duty at the moment) on my shave. Not shaving is not an option.
Now I don't get the same negative comments, as my shaves seem to last a little longer, and are a bit closer.
It's a hit or miss for me mostly. Lena (wife candidate :biggrin:) seems to like a little stubble on me on the weekends, but not more than a day or two's worth. On the other end of the spectrum, I had a barber shave here in San Diego that was so ridiculously close at the hands of a master barber(I've gotten the best shaves of my life using slant, straight, you name it and STILL haven't matched that shave) that while she liked it ("Holy Crap!" was her comment) she forbade me to shave for a day or two. Said she felt like a cradle robber with a 14 year old boy...
I have hit on a few good scents thanks to the forums, I've had compliments from ladies on a few of the ones I've learned about here (one of them was Sue's "New Spice")
John P.

My wife got me started too. She bought me an AOS "Blue Box" set for Valentines day a few years ago. I used to shave every few days and usually have the stubble look going on, which she didn't like the scratchy feel. She loves the BBS and tolerates my addiction :)

As for the goatee, she would probably kill me if I shaved it off :lol:

Baby! You know when I think of shaving I only think of you! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Oh... *sigh* this is SO true for me too... you are so wonderful, sexy and romantic ......... and when I hold that big 8/8 in my hands... I can only think of you... :001_tt1: :biggrin:

:ohmy: :ohmy: :w00t:

xoxoxoxoxoxo :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

My wife hated it when I didn't shave and now she is annoyed that I shave every day. I can't win either way. :confused:

Dennis

I have yet to meet a woman who likes scratchy stubble, but then again I dont get out much. The woman of my life loves a smooth face, and nice cologne. There are many benefits of a smooth face, several of which need no mention here.
The only time I can remember 5:00 shadow having any kind of chick shtick was during the Don Johnson, George Michael era, when I was much younger.

Good place to be from.

Dave

I have yet to meet a woman who likes scratchy stubble, but then again I dont get out much.

Well, nobody likes to be scratched. I've met more than a few women who like the look of stubble, though. Just not the feel. Kinda a Catch-22.

-Mo

My fiance loves the feel of the BBS. She touches my face with her hand everytime I get done shaving. She has really sensative skin and is very easily scratched, so she loves my habit. She also loves the smell. The one issue I do have is that when we met, I had just started using a cologne from Keihl's. It's ok, I don't love it, but it is all she wants to smell on me. If I wear something else, she tells me that I don't smell like me... I don't know what to do in response...

Shawn

Before I started shaving with a DE, I used to have to to fend the women off with a big stick, but since I've spent a total of £1,718.99 on shaving creams alone over the past two weeks, I'm no longer able to assure them that I possess a credit card, as my credit account has been blocked and passed on to a debt recovery agency.

So unfortunately my penchant for DE wet-shaving has only meant that both my stick and my credit card have had to be snapped in two and thrown away...

(only kidding ladies :wink:)

Top Bottom