What's new

Cold Water Leaves Less Soap Scum Than Warm

I turn on the water when I need to rinse, then turn it off. I don't want to rinse anything in a sink full of gross water. I only have to clean the sink when I clean my toilet - at the summer solstice. That makes it easy to remember.

I turn on the water when I need to rinse, then turn it off. I don't want to rinse anything in a sink full of gross water. I only have to clean the sink when I clean my toilet - at the summer solstice. That makes it easy to remember.
It’s not that gross. It’s just soapy water.

I was raised on a farm, so I've seen gross, in fact I've had to wade through it at times. So it's hard for me to consider soapy water gross.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!

The water in the sink is for rinsing my face, and the water in the mug on the sink back is for rinsing my razor. No slopping stubble back on my face.

I've followed this thread with much interest (and at times with a fair amount of amusement). I was involved with varying methods of soap manufacture throught my whole working life. The concept of the water solubility of soap is probably misunderstood by most people. The relevant scientists in Unilever (when I worked there arguably the world's largest household soap manufacturer) generally considered "soap" did not form true aqueous solutions - they were better defined as colloids, although even that definition was not without complications.

Top Bottom