What's new

"Coffee People Are Pretentious"

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
New thread ideas...Best tasting soap or cream? Do you eat the extra soap off your brush? If you drink aftershave, which do you like best? How do you set your table to shave?

Moving on from the ridiculous to the real...How long does your pre-shave ritual take? How many steps in your pre-shave ritual? Same questions for post-shave.

Ask, and you shall receive. Behold! For I bring you Iced Coffee from Stirling!

proxy.php

Complete with Menthol, for mentholated junkies like me.​
What? No Caffeine? ...lol...and please...no sugar.....

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I've known "XXXX snobs" since I can remember.
Just replace XXXX with wine, pipe, cigar, coffee, tea, whisky, clothing, grammar and shaving.
No matter the endeavor, someone somewhere is going to try to tell you if you're not doing it their way, you're not doing it right.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
New thread ideas...Best tasting soap or cream? Do you eat the extra soap off your brush? If you drink aftershave, which do you like best? How do you set your table to shave?

Moving on from the ridiculous to the real...How long does your pre-shave ritual take? How many steps in your pre-shave ritual? Same questions for post-shave.
My pre-shave prep includes a shower. I wash my face with a skin friendly mild soap and add PAA Cube 2.0. I do this twice along with washing my hair with a bar shampoo. After my shower, I use a brush to apply another pre-shave: either the Cube 2.0 or Stirling pre-shave, melted in one of Captain’s Choice Soap Lockers.

I use three post-shave products.

To answer the question: it takes me longer to do pre and post shaving routines than weighing my coffee beans, grinding manually and brewing in the French press. <eg>

Pretty sure that's everywhere. I mean, one might just as well wear a monocle and a top hat.
I always wear a shirt under my overalls. Long sleeve. It's thorny out there, don't wanna slit my wrists. What does "that guy" do, watch a still? Could wear a Speedo for that.

Top hat wouldn't keep the rain off. But I could get a monocle! If some low hanging branches pull it off, it's on a ribbon, right? Practical forestry wear.

Coffee? Cream and sugar please. Makes it palatable.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I always wear a shirt under my overalls. Long sleeve. It's thorny out there, don't wanna slit my wrists. What does "that guy" do, watch a still? Could wear a Speedo for that.

Top hat wouldn't keep the rain off. But I could get a monocle! If some low hanging branches pull it off, it's on a ribbon, right? Practical forestry wear.

Coffee? Cream and sugar please. Makes it palatable.
In all seriousness, when you are wearing pocketless polos or T shirts, a monocle on a string, worn covered up except when in use, can be darned handy.

I've known "XXXX snobs" since I can remember.
Just replace XXXX with wine, pipe, cigar, coffee, tea, whisky, clothing, grammar and shaving.
No matter the endeavor, someone somewhere is going to try to tell you if you're not doing it their way, you're not doing it right.

I do not think I am snob, something can be Great IMHO, if I like it, love it, or buy it on regular basis because you like it.

Something as simple as a Cigar don't have to cost 500.00/Stick because it a Davadoff Pro to be great. Could be something g called unbranded house blend under $3.00/stick and still be good.

Enjoying Box wine is not a crime, some people love the stuff.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I do not think I am snob, something can be Great IMHO, if I like it, love it, or buy it on regular basis because you like it.

Something as simple as a Cigar don't have to cost 500.00/Stick because it a Davadoff Pro to be great. Could be something g called unbranded house blend under $3.00/stick and still be good.

This is spot on. I have greatly enjoyed many lower cost whiskies, wines, cigars, and golf balls. My car is fun but nothing pricey. I have two lovely guitars, but I have played some fairly low cost ones that were awfully good. I have reveled in some low cost lumpfish caviar. When I have the rare chance to partake of fancier stuff, it is not necessarily a better or even very different. Now and then it is "O wow" better, but that is rare for me. I will say that Champagne might be the exception. There are a few very expensive ones that are just astounding.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member

My point exactly. Enjoy what you enjoy - We don't need to let some snob tell us what we need in order to enjoy them.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
That's just barbaric. Like a kilt, you're really not even supposed to wear underwear.

Koff. :)

There are many occasions when wearing something under one's kilt is considered, as they say in Gaelic, "de rigeur." The two that come easiest to mind are competitors in Highland Games competitions and Highland dancers. Both relatively energetic pastimes.

O.H.

Top Bottom