What's new

"Coffee People Are Pretentious"

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand

I don't take my coffee quite this seriously anymore, but it still resonates.

Dan Levy Wtf GIF by CBC

What in the world? Hmm, looks like somebody needs an intervention!

aint nobody got time for that GIF

Have you seen the world we live in today? Nobody got time for all that! Its great to have hobbies people, just don't let them take over your life.​

"You coffee people are obsessed weirdos," said someone with 47 tubs of shaving soap and a collection of expensive rocks.

Yeah, I'm not well-positioned to get judgey here. I have more stones than anyone needs, and I have a list of others I intend to buy. Strops upon strops, emulsions, compounds, SiC powders, turnboxes, lapping films, ceramic rods...

If I stopped buying more soap now, I'd be lucky to use up what I have by 2030. But, nope, I still intend to buy more. No way I could live long enough to go through all my DE blades.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
If you laid out the steps of making a complex cup of coffee from roasting beans to drinking it side by side with the steps that some wet shavers go through with pre-shave routines to final face pat and aftershave/face nutrient application, I have no doubt that there would be nearly the same number of god-awful minute details involved.
It's just that the wet shaver gets the same glassy-eyed stare when the coffee guy explains it that the coffee guy gets when someone explains the steps they take pleasure in when wet shaving.

Last edited:
If you laid out the steps of making a complex cup of coffee from roasting beans to drinking it side by side with the steps that some wet shavers go through with pre-shave routines to final face pat and aftershave/face nutrient application, I have no doubt that there would be nearly the same number of god-awful minute details involved.
It's just that the wet shaver gets the same glassy-eyed stare when the coffee guy explains it that the coffee guy gets when someone explains the steps they take pleasure in when wet shaving.

It could even be that the person who posted the video above has a ridiculously elaborate shaving ritual. We may never know.

My sort of goofy friend Chuck who love Coffee, said best Cup he ever had of Coffee was at road side stand in Costa Rica. Guy grew own beans, roasted on tile roof, use old time hand grinder to grind, and hot water was boiled in can. His Coffee was brewed in old white Sock, and dipped in hot water until it was right.

Don't need much to make good coffee, but bean, roaster, grinder, water, and white sock. Sock was apparently never washed, just turn inside out and rinse between batch of brewing.

One man's coffee is another man's donut..
Also..way is coffee scented shaving soap a thing... that tells you something or does it...lol..
I bet there is a donut scented shave soap...
Artisan? Really. ?

1694567536547.png

And here is your soap-ready donut fragrance, sir. (You may mix it at up to a 9.24% concentration . . . in order to avoid singeing your donuts.)

A delicious, mouthwatering blend of freshly fried donut rings infused with a hint of warm apple cider and topped with sugar.

Top notes: Fresh Apples, Cinnamon
Middle notes: Fried Donuts, Warm Cider
Base notes: Tonka Bean, Vanilla, Sugar Crystals

Last edited:
Top Bottom