What's new

Classic Shaving - Classic Brand Premium Lavender Shaving Cream Discussion Thread....

M

modern man

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, a BAY RUM CREAM!

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

-Mo

Finally? Where have you been man?!

Mama Bear, Saint Charles Shave, Olivia and The Shave Den have them (am I missing any). All pretty good stuff too.

As for the Classic Shaving Cream, looks like I have to send another fine vendor my credit card info. :001_wub:

Great vendor, I order everything from them. I am going to be calling them later in an effort to obtain information recording future.

I just confirmed with the receptionist at classic shaving that there will be no new releases of this cream until after the holiday season, the next flavour will be unscented which is slated for release if these first batches sell well in early 2008.

Finally? Where have you been man?!

Well, I was gone for a while....

But, it seems Mama bear does not sell creams anymore. Though I do love her Bay Rum soap..... And Olivia Bay Rum cream is lovely stuff, but feels like the fires of hades on my skin.

-Mo

M

modern man

Well, I was gone for a while....

But, it seems Mama bear does not sell creams anymore. Though I do love her Bay Rum soap..... And Olivia Bay Rum cream is lovely stuff, but feels like the fires of hades on my skin.

-Mo

MB has no cream! Guess I have been gone too. :ohmy:
Try Olivia Amber, dosen't burn me. :w00t:

And you still have three more to try. :ihih:

I just lathered some lavender up again today and put a dab on my cheeks and I definitely still got that burning feeling. Anybody else run into this problem. It seems so strange, as I don't have sensitive skin normally and haven't been burned by any other soap or cream.

I just used the Bay Rum for the first time and had the same problem; very unpleasant burning sensation. I've used at least a gazillion different soaps and creams, and this is my very first allergic reaction to any. Oh well...

John

I just used the Bay Rum for the first time and had the same problem; very unpleasant burning sensation. I've used at least a gazillion different soaps and creams, and this is my very first allergic reaction to any. Oh well...

John

I am curious as to what ingredient or ingredients would cause this?

Regards,

I am curious as to what ingredient or ingredients would cause this?

Regards,

I'm actually wondering the same thing. I just got the Lavender a few days ago and have had the same problem with the burning sensation. Guess I fall into the can't use group along with the others.

I'm pretty new to wet shaving but have not had any similar reactions to the other products I've tried so far. It's a shame too because in all other respects it seems great.

Got my new Classic Shaving bay rum cream, and it was spectacular. Thick, rich lather, shaved like a dream both with Gilllette DE and Dovo straight. No burning. Definitely one of the best creams I've tried so far.

Been wanting to try some of the TGQ stuff for a while now....

Kind of weird that so many members seem to be having skin issues w/ Classic's new creams when the whole point was this stuff was supposed to be mostly natural, simple, good for your face, etc. Especially since most claim that they don't have sensitive skin or problems w/ other soaps/creams. Maybe they are just using a high % of EO's for the scent?

I'll probably wait for the unscented stuff at this point, even though that is kind of boring - but my face can be picky about what I put on it.

Been wanting to try some of the TGQ stuff for a while now....

Kind of weird that so many members seem to be having skin issues w/ Classic's new creams when the whole point was this stuff was supposed to be mostly natural, simple, good for your face, etc. Especially since most claim that they don't have sensitive skin or problems w/ other soaps/creams. Maybe they are just using a high % of EO's for the scent?

I'll probably wait for the unscented stuff at this point, even though that is kind of boring - but my face can be picky about what I put on it.

TGQ stuff lights my face on FIRE!

TGQ stuff lights my face on FIRE!

Interesting...

I've used several of Colleen's soaps, and some do cause some irritation, others none. I generally don't have a lot of issues with adverse reactions to soaps/creams, so if a product gives me some irritation, I suspect it could be pretty nasty for those who have sensitive skin.

So, while I'm a big fan of Colleen's soaps generally, I would send her a note about which of her scents are better for people with skin sensitivity issues.

TGQ Cavendish Black = fire and pain like i have never experienced with any other product as well!!! even after i washed it off, the burning and redness lasted for quite some time. :mad5:

all other TGQ products = just fine, no problems what so ever.

anything with lavender oil in it causes some burning sensations and redness as well - go figure. :confused1

s~s

TGQ Cavendish Black = fire and pain like i have never experienced with any other product as well!!! even after i washed it off, the burning and redness lasted for quite some time. :mad5:

all other TGQ products = just fine, no problems what so ever.

anything with lavender oil in it causes some burning sensations and redness as well - go figure. :confused1

s~s

Have you tried the leatherneck? Should be called fireneck :wink:

nope - colleen sent me an EDT leatherneck sample and it was not at all pleasant to me.

back to the topic at hand. i want to try a sample of the bay rum classic shave cream, before investing $$ in a whole pot of this stuff.

s~s

With much anticipation I whipped up a super lather with the Classic Brand Premium Lavender Shave Cream. Thick, slick and substantial. Looking for the world like a contender for my favorite cream. Within 5 seconds of application, my face was burning. Toughed out one pass and anxiously rinsed. Cool water was a relief and no visible signs of damage. Since it was Saturday and no place to go, I left it at that. I am saddened to find that I am not a match for this otherwise great cream. Used once and will have to sell it I guess, can't risk a second application.

Wondering, with several expressing this problem, is Classic likely to take it back?

Regards,

Mike

With all the feedback and numerous complaints about burning and bad reactions, it's definitely not a re-branded Vulfix cream... so that debate is settled.

Has Classicshaving put out any public response on all the complaints of burning? And is it only the Lavender that seems to be causing the reactions?

No, I had the burning with the Bay Rum. And that was the first time, after using countless different soaps and creams, that I had a skin reaction to anything.

John

Top Bottom