What's new

Classic Shaving - Classic Brand Premium Lavender Shaving Cream Discussion Thread....

FYI - it will be in the B&B Sampler kits as well! They should be posted within the next day or two!

How big is the tub?

If I remember right, Joel mentions that the tub he has doesn't list the size (probably a beta version of the label), but the container looks to be a dead ringer for the Vulfix tubs, which are 180gr (6.3 ounces). Of course, I could be wrong, but the two tubs (Vulfix and Classicshaving) look strikingly similar.

If I remember right, Joel mentions that the tub he has doesn't list the size (probably a beta version of the label), but the container looks to be a dead ringer for the Vulfix tubs, which are 180gr (6.3 ounces). Of course, I could be wrong, but the two tubs (Vulfix and Classicshaving) look strikingly similar.

They are not at all similar. In fact it's the same containers for the Tryphon soaps.

my Bay Rum and Lavender arrived today, and I decided to use the Bay Rum first. As I started lathering a slow warming sensation started hitting the cheeks and slowly upgarded to a full scale burning sensation. Assuming it was the Bay Rum oil, I switched to the lavender, and unfortunately, the same thing happened. I did one pass with the lavender, rinsed off, lathered up salter's wild rose, and the burning sensation disappeared. I figure I'll give it one more go, but I just might react badly to this cream

my Bay Rum and Lavender arrived today, and I decided to use the Bay Rum first. As I started lathering a slow warming sensation started hitting the cheeks and slowly upgarded to a full scale burning sensation. Assuming it was the Bay Rum oil, I switched to the lavender, and unfortunately, the same thing happened. I did one pass with the lavender, rinsed off, lathered up salter's wild rose, and the burning sensation disappeared. I figure I'll give it one more go, but I just might react badly to this cream

:eek: Don't use it! If you reacted badly the first time, you'll certainly do the same the second.

REALLY sorry to hear it doesn't like your face, as it's good stuff. :frown:

They are not at all similar. In fact it's the same containers for the Tryphon soaps.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sure look identical to me.

proxy.php

To me, the Tryphon containers have a more "rounded" lid around the edge, and the Classicshaving/Vulfix creams are more "right angle" or pronounced in their lid edges. But one man's opinion, and all that.

Interesting...they sent me a couple of samples with an order I had placed last week. I'm in agreement that the lavender is a bit off, but it is a great cream!!:wink:

I just lathered some lavender up again today and put a dab on my cheeks and I definitely still got that burning feeling. Anybody else run into this problem. It seems so strange, as I don't have sensitive skin normally and haven't been burned by any other soap or cream.

I just lathered some lavender up again today and put a dab on my cheeks and I definitely still got that burning feeling. Anybody else run into this problem. It seems so strange, as I don't have sensitive skin normally and haven't been burned by any other soap or cream.

How odd. And it being both of them, can't be a scent, which is always the usual suspect.

-Mo

How odd. And it being both of them, can't be a scent, which is always the usual suspect.

-Mo

Agreed - its clearly one of the other ingredients.

I think these creams may just not be for you. I have the same problem with several of the QED soaps (although in my case, I suspect its the EOs). I suggest the only logical thing to do is send your tubs to me for analysis/disposal :biggrin: .

Seriously though, bummer about the adverse reaction :frown:

FYI - this cream is made in house at classic shaving, so it's made in the US, by them - so it is certainly no Vulfix spin off, or run of the mill stuff from Creightons. :smile:

Top Bottom