What's new

Cella - Item of the Week 4/22/13

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I am in for the week! I love Cella and while it is in my rotation I have not used it in a few weeks because I have been trying out some new soaps. Time to go back to the Cella!

I wish I had checked the forum over the weekend and saw this thread before getting my Sunday and Monday shave in. I almost thought I should beg off because I'm traveling this week but when I saw Batman's post about traveling with his tub of cella I committed. This will be my lineup:

- Cella (red tub)
- Italian Barber/Semogue LE "Tricolore" boar brush
- Gillette "Red Tip" (just to keep the red thing going!)
- Bolzano Superinox blade (that I just got from Toothpick in the Great Blade Exchange)
- That's about as Italian as I can get it. Unfortunately I don't have ANY Floid or Proraso AS! (I see another "need" now!)

This is a truly wonderful set-up, Steve! If you want to make it even "more Italian" you could also consider a Fatip DE razor (or a Mastro Livi if going straight). :wink2:

I now have had two shaves with Cella, my first soap. Very different from my Proraso ecperience. I want to say the lather is different? Also, I could swear that I am getting a closer shave, but as a newbie, it may just be an improvement in my technique.

Well... ATM... it is my only soap. <hangs head in shame> More is on the way though! I will play along as I really like Cella to this point.

Love this stuff. I'm now ready for the day.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 118
Day 1 - Cella, Semogue 830, Gillette Flare Tip Rocket, Gillette Silver Blue (2), Speick AS splash, Cade AS balm.

Cella week should be an enjoyable week. :thumbup1:

Cella, Futur, Shark blade, Semogue 830, Captains Choice Lime AS.

I love the way Cella smells but I wish the scent was bit stronger. The almond scent makes me think of Italian cookies. So much lather. I followed the tips that someone posted a link to one page 1 and it worked perfectly. Mounds and mounds of lather.

Night #2 with Cella
10 minutes after I got home the wifie proclaims she could smell the cella still in the box on the bookshelf in the study.
Hop in the shower and upon exit wifie calls me for dinner.
I whip up the Cella in no time flat. Tonight I am using a '58 Ball Tech that is impressing me more every time I use it. It is loaded with a Feather blade. First time every trying one.
I am literally done in 2 passes. Not believing it is possible, I lather chin and bottom of jaw, and promptly learn why Feather is one of the sharpest blades on the planet. Just a tiny spot, but one of the first ever for me.

Dinner was a little luke warm, but I got to smell almond crème through it all!

Good week for this. I just sliced a new piece from my kilo. The smell was beautiful as I sliced through the block.

I always feel as though I'm shaving next door to a bakery.

Forgot it was Merkur Monday, used one anyway.
37c
Red IP
brand new delivered this morning Shavemac DO1 flat top
and, of course, Cella.
BBS with very little effort, followed with a nice Ogallala burn

I will read Marco's method later this week.

I tried to go easy, correcting past mistakes, taking maybe half an almond's worth out of the tub with my handy espresso spoon. Today I was clumsy with the tap and added what seemed to be too much water for the amount of soap I had. Work the Vie Long 15830 around a bit and the bowl fills completely with perfect lather.

Perhaps, Marco, you just suggest not to use so much. I will find out after my indefinite period of obstinacy. But really, how hard is this stuff to work with?

Wow, dreamy creamy heaps of face icing. It was fun to lay it on thick and soft with the Vie Long and let the tips scrape a bit.

No complaints about the shave. The razor glides about somewhere in the vicinity of my face, and magically I emerge with a splendid shave.

So, are the tub and the block the same stuff?

Cella for a week? Don't threaten me with a good time! Prepara, Preserva, Protegge 3P, Cella Crema Sapone Extra Extra Purissima, Floid Blue, 37c Slant (Daily shaver), and my Body Shop Shaving Brush. Interesting side note about this brush, it has been my daily brush for 3 years and still performs like a champ!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 73
Tuesday - Cella, Simpson Duke 2 Best, Gillette Flare Tip Rocket, Gillette Silver Blue (3), Floid Mentolado Suave, Nivea Sensitive Balm.

I'm doing the same. Alternating my Semogue 830 and 2000 brushes. Nice shaves so far yesterday and today!

I used my 830 with Cella today. What a great combo. Cella is wonderful as always.

As a side note, after several months of owning my 830, I am amazed at how soft it has gotten, while still retaining good backbone.

Top Bottom