What's new

Caveat Emptor: 10 Ways To Avoid Getting Burned on the 'Bay

Thank you for your very informative post.

I've never bought any splash from eBay and after reading this I guess I'll never will.

Sorry, just caught this post. What a sorry mess scambay has become. This thing went from a pretty good way to parley your old garage sale items into cash or trade value to people trying to earn a living from it. This always leads to some people doing shall we say, unethical things? I have bought two items from the bay and they were two adjustable Gillette razors. About 15 dollars each. Yeah, this was a few years ago! I have watched the thing become a hotbed for "collectors" who actually just jump on whatever the latest trend is and hope to make the "turn" on high demand items. Then somehow, everything they have is "vintage", "collectible", etc. It is just crazy. This whole Old Spice thing is proof positive. I don't care if you love Old Spice, but remember, this was and is a drugstore item. If you get burned on a perishable, consumable item that in 1951 was probably .89 then uh, it goes way beyond caveat emptor. After seeing the horror stories here and on basenotes, I have ZERO intention of buying a new scent on ebay, let alone vintage.

Regards, Todd

I've been working around the clock with a team of crack researchers, digging through the vaults here at B&B. Kind of like National Treasure or the Da Vinci Code. Or maybe The Goonies...

Anyway, here's a little bit of B&B aftershave history that you might find interesting. Enjoy!

Top Bottom