What's new

Budget Watch?

Every time I read one of these budget watch threads I start jonesing for a vintage soviet era Vostok. There's so many choices from Seiko at or under $100 that you should find one you like, and they're tough to beat for quality in that range. I'm not a fan of the $100 mechanicals I've owned, I think you'd be better off with quartz in that price range.

Lots of Seikos below $100 where I live. Tried a Russian watch once. I was always half and hour late for everything, and this is after they serviced the piece twice. Never again.

Did I miss someone mentioning Orient? Great watches.

I just bought one the other day. Love it. The most I have ever spent on a watch.

But not under $100. They had one they were offering as a spiff with the watch but I asked for the cash discount instead.

Last edited:
Budget watches there two things that a like to say in giving advice furst go Second hand look for auction houses and antique shop flee market garage sells i have seen gold watches for $170 never bought one but now im lookin for one.

a new budget watch Below $100

go seiko

the 5 series seikos are build like a tank

why seiko budget watch they the best budget watch with a great history the movements they use are the 7s26 21 jewels and 7s36 23 jewels one of the best automatic movements in a watch under $100.

go orient

The orient 3 star

also so a watch with great history they go back to the late 70s with only good experience the movement they use are also the most respectabele under the $100 reange

Last edited:
Bevore i forget to tell you this there are two type of chronograph from seiko around the $100 reange in white dial and black dial type seiko sndc31p1 with 7t92 movement and the seiko sndc33p1 with 7t92 movement this Quartz movement is one of the best made by seiko
here are the Photos

Last edited:
Quartz, while very robust and very accurate, as well as inexpensive, is just so BORING.

And once you get used to a sweeping second hand, you never will settle for a quartz ticking second hand ever again...

I'm a fan and an advocate of cheap watches. I buy and wear only one watch and wear it daily until it dies after which I buy a replacement and repeat. My last watch was a Timex Indiglo which I bought for around $55 and it lasted over 12 years. I'd recommend the Casio MDV106-1A. I ordered mine through Walmart for under $40. It's got a stainless steel case, a clicking rotating bezel, a screw-down crown and is water resistant to 200 M. I never wear a watch swimming or in the shower so I'm confident it will handle accidental exposure to any rain or splashes it might encounter. It keeps great time so I never had to adjust it until I had to change it for daylight savings time. When I registered it online with Casio, they extended the warranty to 2 years.

proxy.php

Last edited:
My vintage Seiko 5 arrived - a $20.50 purchase.

$seiko-yellow-800px.jpg

Really please with it so far. Looking forward to the HMT Pilot when it comes.

Top Bottom