What's new

Brotherhood of the Open Comb

Should we open a pool on how long it takes for your mind to change? :001_unsur Every time I think I've found my grail, I shave again. Congrats of finding your grail, Sicilian.

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. This morning, I did.
My funds are very limited. I was looking for an every day razor that would replace my slim adjustable (circa 1982 vintage). I think I found it. And I don't have to adjust it either. This is a very aggressive razor. With a Feather blade it's unbelievable. I need a box or something nice to store my collection in. I have about 20 razors counting carts.

Here's another mismatched set. A Tuckaway handle and case with an Old Type head?

View attachment 425400

I keep reading on B&B that the Old Type is fairly aggressive and not very forgiving. I haven't used this razor yet.
Yes a mis match handle. That is a New Improved Tuckaway Silver set, the razor should be a New Improved head design
proxy.php

Have my first OCs coming said should be delivered on Tuesday. They need a lot of work on them but I may just have to clean them up and shave once real fast :)

This organization is getting the better of me...I just ordered this..or should I say, my wife just got me this for my birthday!...will this get me another goat??

$uploadfromtaptalk1395029469399.jpg

View attachment 425560

It's an inside joke I don't understand but I'll bite...

The Goat thing is a BOTOC bit started by Ken [ founder of BOTOC] he started the joke here on page 8, post #150..... http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/283931-Brotherhood-of-the-Open-Comb/page8

QUOTE:

bluesbishop
user-offline.png
Peer of the Tallow
veteran.jpg

"Welcome to the brotherhood....but did Johnnie telling you about the 5 hours of staring down a goat, then using a Old Type to shave the goat and then make a goat hair shaving brush???"

Hmmmmm . . .

Was I supposed to ask about a goat?

View attachment 425560

It's an inside joke I don't understand but I'll bite...

The Goat thing is a BOTOC bit started by Ken [ founder of BOTOC] he started the joke here on page 8, post #150..... http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/283931-Brotherhood-of-the-Open-Comb/page8

QUOTE:

bluesbishop
user-offline.png
Peer of the Tallow
veteran.jpg

"Welcome to the brotherhood....but did Johnnie telling you about the 5 hours of staring down a goat, then using a Old Type to shave the goat and then make a goat hair shaving brush???"

QUOTE:

bluesbishop
user-offline.png
Peer of the Tallow
veteran.jpg

Mine is coming and I am SO psyched!!...in the mean time I'll just have to make do with what I have...today's red tip shave was great...I really do like that razor...super nice shaver!
Congrats, and I've joined the club. Expecting one by Tue. Want to compare to Atlas H2.

Not long ago I wouldn't have considered very efficient razors, but the RR Jaws and Atlas R2 experience surprised me and changed my mind.

Today I start week 1 using the Atlas H2 - one pass wtg dfs. I think I will slack and enjoy this a couple days before I push to 2 pass. Next week I'll do the same with the 2013 R41.

More fun than a barrel of :a17:!

Last edited:
The hits just keep coming for the Lab Blue. Tried one this morning in my Old Type, very, very nice shave. So, the Lab Blue works great in all of the OC razors I own.

The hits just keep coming for the Lab Blue. Tried one this morning in my Old Type, very, very nice shave. So, the Lab Blue works great in all of the OC razors I own.

I've not really found any DE yet that I couldn't get a really good shave with using a lab blue in it. Very much a great blade for my face.

I've not really found any DE yet that I couldn't get a really good shave with using a lab blue in it. Very much a great blade for my face.

+1 on the blues. Great blades and forgiving. That being said... I loaded up a Shark chrome in my New Improved this morning. I'd forgotten how much I like those beauts. And what a great little shaver and addiction, I mean addition to my NEW collection. There is more to life than feathers and Gillette blacks, inasmuch as I 😍 those little black ninjas...

Top Bottom