What's new

Brotherhood of the Open Comb

Kinda high price $33 dollars for OC Ball End New, it has 2 cracks on it..... always shop at the B&B BST for the best bargains. You could have gotten 2 without any cracked handles from out members at BST.

proxy.php
proxy.php

I never have much luck with BST; by the time I see the post, the items are nearly always sold! I was originally gonna post a WTB thread, but when I saw this yesterday impatience got the better of me.

In further praise of OC razors, I pulled out my long handle Gillette Super Adjustable (Black Beauty) today as a change of pace from the OC's I have been using. I cranked it up to 9 and popped in a fresh Voskhod. The result: a 3-pass BBS without irritation, cuts, etc. Sounds good? Not really: I consistently get the same results from my OC's with only two passes, not three. I'm gonna pack it up and send it to my son, who is learning his way around the wet shaving world and, I believe, lurks here at B&B.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
In further praise of OC razors, I pulled out my long handle Gillette Super Adjustable (Black Beauty) today as a change of pace from the OC's I have been using. I cranked it up to 9 and popped in a fresh Voskhod. The result: a 3-pass BBS without irritation, cuts, etc. Sounds good? Not really: I consistently get the same results from my OC's with only two passes, not three. I'm gonna pack it up and send it to my son, who is learning his way around the wet shaving world and, I believe, lurks here at B&B.
Vic; Don't let him lurk too much longer:001_smile.

well I went back to my Merkur 1904 OC today....I'm a teacher and on spring break, my wife and son along with my visiting daughter and two grandsons all went to the Houston Zoo today so I had the house to myself....I took a nice shower, regular prep...and got a DFS bordering on BBS shave...but it did take some time, and 4 passes to get there....this is why I decided to go with the R41...I want the same shave with less passes...the order is in, now all I have to do is keep shaving and wait!

well I went back to my Merkur 1904 OC today.... and got a DFS bordering on BBS shave...but it did take some time, and 4 passes to get there....this is why I decided to go with the R41...I want the same shave with less passes...the order is in, now all I have to do is keep shaving and wait!
WOW! That is quite the leap in aggressiveness, just about as far as you can go in a single step! Good luck with the R41. If you find it to be too aggressive, there is a wide range of razors in between the Merkur OC a.nd the R41 to try. Let us know how you make out.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Oh, I have suggested he log in a number of times, but I have never been one to tell him what to do, only to give guidance. Besides, at 34, I suspect he wants to make his own decisions... :wink2:
Vic; I definitely hear you! I have 2 sons in their 40s; we have to be careful, don't we?

i tried a feather blade for the first time today. I had to try it in the shark. The noise it made while cutting was almost like a sr. they are very sharp. But after two passes i had lots of irritation on my neck. I switched the blade to a merkur 23c for touch up and i think it will stay in that razor. So best combo for the feather with 23c for me. Still looking for best combo for the shark. So far my favorite is astra. But i just realised i got a bbs shave. So i had a good shave.

Last edited:
Yeah, but how great was it the first time THEY picked up the tab for dinner? :thumbup:

IF they pick up the tab. I'm one of the young'uns myself but at least I understand that when I take my parents out to dinner for their birthday I am supposed to pay. A friend told us that on his last birthday his three adult sons (2 married) told him they were taking him out to dinner for his birthday. At the end of the dinner they all three got up and walked out leaving him with a rather large tab to pay...for HIS birthday!

I would be tempted to order something worth a couple hundred and have it sent to their houses COD...

IF they pick up the tab. I'm one of the young'uns myself but at least I understand that when I take my parents out to dinner for their birthday I am supposed to pay. A friend told us that on his last birthday his three adult sons (2 married) told him they were taking him out to dinner for his birthday. At the end of the dinner they all three got up and walked out leaving him with a rather large tab to pay...for HIS birthday!

I would be tempted to order something worth a couple hundred and have it sent to their houses COD...
LOL! Mine didn't pick up the tab until he finally had a post-graduate degree and started a job with a hefty paycheck.

wow!

Is that the eyebrow edition? Am I allowed to post here without being a member? Where do I apply?

You get 3 "uninitiated" posts before we come to your house and take your Fatboy and Dovo, and melt them down to make a studded collar for Spotz.....or you can

1. Put BOTOC in your signature.
2. Ask the members here for the onion and goat.
3. Keep us abreast of your OC journeys with post and pics.
4. (This is a must) Trade the Fatboy and Dovo for a vintage/new OC razor.
5. Have fun

P.S. I have few OC's laying around if you want to get point #4 out of the way! :) (I take Toggle's also)

Top Bottom