What's new

Brotherhood of the Open Comb

Thank goodness Ralph doesn't have a passport!

I used the Tradere again this morning, much better now I have worked on the angles, no weepers and feeling just as finely shaved as the Fatip.

no...he likes the Primate of the Antipodes. no worries...but yeah...he has a passport...but favors Scotland...but is planning a Aussie trip...he has a thing for Nicole Kidman...I think he wants to track her down...

Dang it, somebody told him I got a bottle of the good stuff yesterday!

Johnnie...he has a great sense of smell.. and he is a bit of a psychic.....he knew you were getting it before you did!!
He should be there before night fall.......Hide your women, your cheddar and your scotch!

I shaved with another cooncatbob custom razor earlier today. New long comb on a bull mastiff....

I wonder why I even bother with other razors sometimes. This thing shaves AWESOME....

I have 5 more to go before I run through my BRW custom razor collection. I want to shave with each of Bob's customs that I have every day since hearing about his death.

Started yesterday with the deluxe XXL thin 1966 British Knack TTO
Today: New long comb bull mastiff
Tomorrow: New short comb bull mastiff
Saturday: Bull Progress
Sunday: R41 2011 deluxe bull progress
Monday: Merkur Progress with custom RBW knob (for Merkur Monday)
Tuesday: Tech deluxe XXL bull mastiff (for Tech Tuesday)

Today's shave

proxy.php

If I am lucky (and it gets here) I will have one more to finish up a full week of BRW custom razors

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Gold and Silver Tuck Away
Cases are rough, but the razors are in very good condition
$Razors 015.jpg
$Razors 016.jpg

Silver and Gold Basket Weave Pattern Pocket Edition Cases
Silver contains a Silver Old Type Gold contains a Gold New
$Razors 044.jpg
$Razors 045.jpg

These will be PIF'ed to members who have posted in this BOTOC thread prior to this entry.
I'll draw four random numbers tomorrow from 1 to 3907 corresponding to the number of posts in this thread before this post.
The four winning numbers will win the razors as they are shown; Gold Tuckaway, Silver Tuckaway, Silver Old Type, Gold New.

I thought about doing this for a lurker or noob PIF, but you guys have had a great thread here and deserve some credit.

Yes, I know that gives an advantage to those who posted more here, but maybe they deserve a better chance, eh?

These will be PIF'ed to members who have posted in this BOTOC thread prior to this entry.
I'll draw four random numbers tomorrow from 1 to 3907 corresponding to the number of posts in this thread before this post.
The four winning numbers will win the razors as they are shown; Gold Tuckaway, Silver Tuckaway, Silver Old Type, Gold New.

I thought about doing this for a lurker or noob PIF, but you guys have had a great thread here and deserve some credit.

Yes, I know that gives an advantage to those who posted more here, but maybe they deserve a better chance, eh?

Very nice PIF.

View attachment 247799
View attachment 247800

View attachment 247801
View attachment 247802

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am speechless.

Phil, I can not express my gratitude to such a generous PIF to those that have posted in this thread. I am truly humbled by your kindness and the support of all of our great members of BOTOC.

I started The Brotherhood of the Open Comb, not just as a "club'" of those that love Open Combs, but as away for us that do share this common bond of love for these truly great razor to unite in friendship. These guys have exceeded all my expectations. I can truly say I have made real friends here....

I never expected this thread to grow such as it has, for the daily request for "membership".....For all the sharing of not just our razors, but also of so many other aspects of our lives in this thread. Many times I've been fearful that this thread would get "closed down" or deleted because we go "off topic" so often....but again, the premise is that we are united here first and foremost as friends...

I've been accused by my brother of having a thread filled with "fluff"....but I think between all the goofing around and fun, you will also find serious content...some Great open comb razors, and lots of friendly advice. We try to always welcome new comers and it doesn't matter if this is a members first post...or if they have been here for years...all are welcome.

Thank for this generous pif.....to who ever wins these great razors I hope it serves a reminder of what I feel that the BOTOC and B&B is all about.....not just great shaves...but brothers supporting brothers.... sharing both in the history and future of wet shaving.

For me, Wet shaving is more than just a daily task...it is that almost alchemical process that is transformative, of taking that which was mundane, and turning into something special. If we can carry that out in all aspects of our lives, than we have learned much from such a simple hobby.

Thank you so much!!!!! Good luck Brothers (and sister)!!!!!!

Wow, that is a great PIF, dont think a single member in these many posts wouldnt love to have them proudly displayed in the den !!

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am speechless.

Phil, I can not express my gratitude to such a generous PIF to those that have posted in this thread. I am truly humbled by your kindness and the support of all of our great members of BOTOC.

I started The Brotherhood of the Open Comb, not just as a "club'" of those that love Open Combs, but as away for us that do share this common bond of love for these truly great razor to unite in friendship. These guys have exceeded all my expectations. I can truly say I have made real friends here....

I never expected this thread to grow such as it has, for the daily request for "membership".....For all the sharing of not just our razors, but also of so many other aspects of our lives in this thread. Many times I've been fearful that this thread would get "closed down" or deleted because we go "off topic" so often....but again, the premise is that we are united here first and foremost as friends...

I've been accused by my brother of having a thread filled with "fluff"....but I think between all the goofing around and fun, you will also find serious content...some Great open comb razors, and lots of friendly advice. We try to always welcome new comers and it doesn't matter if this is a members first post...or if they have been here for years...all are welcome.

Thank for this generous pif.....to who ever wins these great razors I hope it serves a reminder of what I feel that the BOTOC and B&B is all about.....not just great shaves...but brothers supporting brothers.... sharing both in the history and future of wet shaving.

For me, Wet shaving is more than just a daily task...it is that almost alchemical process that is transformative, of taking that which was mundane, and turning into something special. If we can carry that out in all aspects of our lives, than we have learned much from such a simple hobby.

Thank you so much!!!!! Good luck Brothers (and sister)!!!!!!

Ken the "fluff" helped me get to know people in here as i have had limited (but growing) experience with the OC razors, i think it helps new member engage even if they dont have many razors to show off,

its educational, a bit wacky, always helpful, and most off all fun... I always enjoy my time on the site, and i do very much so enjoy my time in this thread

View attachment 247799
View attachment 247800

View attachment 247801
View attachment 247802

That is a very nice and generous PIF.

Top Bottom