What's new

Brotherhood of the Open Comb

Sort of a combination of the two. I was planning on retiring at the end of August, but my group lost our contract renewal. I would have to find an internal position for 3 months, which is possible, but I'll actually make out better by taking the termination, collecting the severance pay, and then "officially" retiring at the end of August. This has nothing to do with the rumored HP layoffs. My particular internal organization is all cost-plus billing (mostly government contracts), so it would cost the company money to have layoffs in our group.

Good strategy on the termination approach.

April, your sites look great!! Boy, you must be really busy!! Cooking, cleaning, making wedding paraphernalia, collecting razors, chatting on forums! When do you find the time to collect razors! Haha!

Last edited:
April, your sites look great!! Boy, you must be really busy!! Cooking, cleaning, making wedding paraphernalia, collecting razors, chatting on forums! When do you find the time to collect razors! Haha!

Have you ever seen the sorcerer's apprentice?
proxy.php

HELLO....she keeps telling us she's juden; what she isn't telling you she is well schooled in the arts of kabbalistic magick, and specifically the Sacred magic of Abramelin the Mage......she is calling forth all sots of beings to do her will....from cooking, cleaning, and even watch ebay and etsy 24/7.....

View attachment 245497

proxy.php

HELLO....she keeps telling us she's juden; what she isn't telling you she is well schooled in the arts of kabbalistic magick, and specifically the Sacred magic of Abramelin the Mage......she is calling forth all sots of beings to do her will....from cooking, cleaning, and even watch ebay and etsy 24/7.....

View attachment 245497

Good one, Ken! Very nice!

How crazy that you can't find the Supermax in your country!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck finding a OC!! let us know if any of us can help....I would be more than willing to ship to India....if you find a ebay or BST deal...and they wont ship to you....let me know....I can bid for u...and you pay me and I'll ship.....it sucks that in essence you would be paying shipping twice....but you could at least get a OC this way....

Thanks Ken!!

For that purpose I already have a mail forwarding address in NY. My purchases from US gets shipped to this NY address. Then they forward it to me at my cost. I have to pay shipping twice and the minimum shipping from NY to India is $10. But I have to live with that. I bought my slim adjustable, 34C and some blades in addition to numerous non-shaving related stuff in that way.

UHH OHH now you did it ! Do not speak of Qabalah or I may just have to break out my Sefer Yetsirah and slip one of my potions into you next meal you best never speak of this again...:lol:

proxy.php

View attachment 245497

Loaded a new Feather blade into a bar-handle short comb NEW this morning. Face-lathered some Benton Clay Lavender soap with a restored no-name red-and-butterscotch brush and treated myself to an damned-near-perfect shave. Really easy and smooth with zero roughness or irritation. Not even a tingle when I splashed on the aftershave. Life is good! :ladysman:

You know Larry, that is one of the reasons I always recommend the NEW to newbies.....almost effortless BBS shaves that are mild. Even though I now lean towards more aggressive razors, my NEW will always have a place in my rotation.

With all the handle options available, blade choices, the NEW could easily become the first and last Razor for anyone.... But with all of us RAD enablers.... That isn't likely to happen!

I have been testing Perma sharp blades that celestino has sent to me and I had to use the (sorry in advance) Super Speed this morning. That razor is so mild on my face that I need to press it against my face at times. In the New, the razor just rides across my face with no pressure at all and gets the best shaves ever. Unfortunately none of my razors really cared for the Perma Sharp blades, but the New took it the best.
I am totally sold on the New Open Comb razors!

I would have no problem having a NEW as my one-and-only razor. But what would I do with all the empty space in my shaving cabinet? I guess I could always get more brushes! :ohmy: (By the way, this picture was taken last fall...it's a LOT more crowded now! I need to take some updated photos.)

proxy.php

I would have no problem having a NEW as my one-and-only razor. But what would I do with all the empty space in my shaving cabinet? I guess I could always get more brushes! :ohmy: (By the way, this picture was taken last fall...it's a LOT more crowded now! I need to take some updated photos.)

Is that a Thomas Anthony brush front and center (center on the lowest shelf next to the 1912)?

Is that a Thomas Anthony brush front and center (center on the lowest shelf next to the 1912)?

Not a Thomas Anthony brush. It's a custom Amboyna Burl 24mm Silvertip Badger Brush by Pat Camara at "PC Woodcraft and Pens" (http://www.badgerbrush.net/catalog.php/badgerbrush/pg16262).

proxy.php

Unfortunately, since I've switched to face-lathering, it doesn't get used much. It's got a pretty high loft and a bit floppy. Works great for bowl-lathering, though.

Last edited:

proxy.php
I would be executed in short order if my collection got that large!
On second thought, I'd better start digging...

Last edited:
I would be executed in short order if my collection got that large!
On second thought, I'd better start digging...

Give it time, John. I've got a bit of a head start on you.

By the way, with only two exceptions, all those brushes were "El Cheapo" eBay and flea market finds that were restored and reknotted for a fraction of what a new brush would cost, and almost all the razors were inexpensive scores, so I don't have as much $$$ invested in that collection as you might think.

Alright something more the my senator to talk about, found a three piece didnt pay to much for it on the bay, stayed within my budget, thought i was going to lose it last minute as someone bid me up to my max bid, and then didnt add the 25 cents more to take it from me lol
$Razor.jpg$Razor22.JPG
Not the prettiest, but looks like it will work just fine for me
Is this the 30's New Low Price set ?

Last edited:
Alright something more the my senator to talk about, found a three piece didnt pay to much for it on the bay, stayed within my budget, thought i was going to lose it last minute as someone bid me up to my max bid, and then didnt add the 25 cents more to take it from me lol
View attachment 245556
Not the prettiest, but looks like it will work just fine for me
Is this the 30's New Low Price set ?
very nice looking find!

Top Bottom