What's new

Brotherhood of the Open Comb

I hit many walls on bst, new's move well and thus usually are conus only, that comment kicks my but many times lmao i forgot about etsy though !

Well I am indeed the youngest so far at 24. I've been de shaving since 19 and got my first old type at 21. Stuck with the OC since it solved my neck irritation. Now I use a New Standard...thinking about searching for a bulldog.

Congrats on being such a young age and sticking to wet shaving!!

well as of not so long ago most of my chin strap is gone due to an "evening up" issue it has be reduced to a little triangle under my lip, but i prefer it that way, more area to shave lol
for the record im 33, but trying my best to catch up lol, the saturday morning cartoons dont help

James, good to see another fellow Canadian on this thread!

on topic, I want to grab a three piece open comb, anyone have an opinion on what a good cheaper easy to find razor, I should try to find ?

James, i find the Gillette Old Type to be a very effective and smooth shaver that you can pick up for a very inexpensive price, usually $10-20. You could even find one in an antique shop if you get lucky.

UOTE=syngent;4138630]and here i thought i may just be the only one !, lol way to let everyone know too, so much for the surprise attack lol[/QUOTE]

You would be surprised how smart our neighbours to the south of us are. They would have figured it out, eventually! :wink2:

Last edited:
I hit many walls on bst, new's move well and thus usually are conus only, that comment kicks my but many times lmao i forgot about etsy though !

I've traded blades and bought razors and traded razors to Canada. I don't mind the shipping charge and it's not really that bad. Beats NL to U.S. for sure. I've seen numerous items that have been Can & u.S. and if you ask the seller if you could add two or three bucks to the price for shipping, on a U.S. only sell, they probably would oblige.

I've traded blades and bought razors and traded razors to Canada. I don't mind the shipping charge and it's not really that bad. Beats NL to U.S. for sure. I've seen numerous items that have been Can & u.S. and if you ask the seller if you could add two or three bucks to the price for shipping, on a U.S. only sell, they probably would oblige.
I have done this with great success, and in some cases by the time i asked someone conus beat me to the punch, most of my southern friends who have shipped up here dont have problems, those that havent get a little antsy about it, but since everyone here treats each other so well, most members will give it a shot... but popular items dont tend to stick around long enough to ask a lot of the times lmao

If it's Sunday and the weather is acceptable, I'm outside cooking dinner on the grill. Today's meal was New York Strip Steaks, Grilled Potatoes, and Gujerati Green Beans (Gujerati Beans are an Indian style done with lots of garlic, mustard seed, and chili peppers...yummy stuff!).

If it's Sunday and the weather is acceptable, I'm outside cooking dinner on the grill. Today's meal was New York Strip Steaks, Grilled Potatoes, and Gujerati Green Beans (Gujerati Beans are an Indian style done with lots of garlic, mustard seed, and chili peppers...yummy stuff!).
Sounds great. too bad I already ate or I would be on my way up there. It would only take me about 10 or so hours to get there! :lol:

I grilled burgers and corn on the cob on the grill tonight and I'm just up the slope from you. May not be steaks, but sure is closer.

You should try a WTB on the BST. There are sure to be some people more than happy to sell you a NEW. The couple of times I've used the WTB I had what I wanted within an hour. Just mention you're in Canada and willing to add for the shipping.

I have done this with great success, and in some cases by the time i asked someone conus beat me to the punch, most of my southern friends who have shipped up here dont have problems, those that havent get a little antsy about it, but since everyone here treats each other so well, most members will give it a shot... but popular items dont tend to stick around long enough to ask a lot of the times lmao

I grilled burgers and corn on the cob on the grill tonight and I'm just up the slope from you. May not be steaks, but sure is closer.

I was down in your neck of the woods all last week...Little Switzerland, North Carolina...just off the Blue Ridge Parkway. I was attending the West African Drum & Dance Camp at the Wildacres Retreat Center. This was my seventh annual visit and I plan on going back every year as long as I am physically and financially able. It's a beautiful part of the world!

$413152_10150843688284735_712399734_9786556_461414230_o.jpg

Strangely I'm not a fan of any Tn. whiskey or bourbon I am more fond of the KY. style. Arrington does a decent job but I prefer Tennessee valley winery.
true that...

Sounds great. too bad I already ate or I would be on my way up there. It would only take me about 10 or so hours to get there! :lol:

Nothing like a good meal..then a good shave.

You should try a WTB on the BST. There are sure to be some people more than happy to sell you a NEW. The couple of times I've used the WTB I had what I wanted within an hour. Just mention you're in Canada and willing to add for the shipping.
WTB is best option, always works.

I was down in your neck of the woods all last week...Little Switzerland, North Carolina...just off the Blue Ridge Parkway. I was attending the West African Drum & Dance Camp at the Wildacres Retreat Center. This was my seventh annual visit and I plan on going back every year as long as I am physically and financially able. It's a beautiful part of the world!

View attachment 245096
thanks for the ECARD...Stunning.

Top Bottom