What's new

Bourbon

Can I purchase some?

In the "wet counties" in Texas, most of the liquor stores will have it in stock. It is pretty popular and relatively modestly priced in the "non-cheap" bourbon category.

Smaller urban stores are less apt to have it though as they seem to cater to a younger crowd with a sweet tooth for flavored Gins, Vodkas, and similar stuff. Bourbons, especially not the super cheap ones, tend to have better availability in an older demographic with a little higher purchase price threshold.

Bottled in bond

I’m not sure if you can find it outside the US or not?

Not a big liquor store guy when in the EU but, premium liquors seem to be really popular over there in general.

Obviously SCOTCH is HUGE! Japanese options are pretty popular too and I'm not talking just Sake! Vodkas are easily accessible and I have a soft spot for Polish potato varieties. I never really look at the Bourbons for obvious reasons but, see them pretty frequently in general. Not really a Rum or Gin guy so, I will leave those to someone else to comment on. I have seen Tequila sporadically as well.

I should note this was all pre-COVID so, supply chain issues may have altered availability in various parts of "classic" Western Europe and I generally focus on quality beer options unavailable on my side of the Atlantic when over there!

In the "wet counties" in Texas, most of the liquor stores will have it in stock. It is pretty popular and relatively modestly priced in the "non-cheap" bourbon category.

Smaller urban stores are less apt to have it though as they seem to cater to a younger crowd with a sweet tooth for flavored Gins, Vodkas, and similar stuff. Bourbons, especially not the super cheap ones, tend to have better availability in an older demographic with a little higher purchase price threshold.
That makes sense, thanks 😊.

Top Bottom